• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
This whole issue, if we can call it that, of "quarters" and how open they are gets a lot of attention on StyleForvm. I think that a lot of this is an artifact of the common static mannequin standing shot from the front... A jacket with more "closed" quarters might look more balanced in motion. How often does one stand still, and how often does one walk or be in motion? Similarly, there are few side shots and back shots, seated shots, etc.

What do you guys think?

This is a really worthwhile point and one worth considering when starting to really fine-tune the cut of a garment. I also think it has relevance to more prosaic elements of fit, such as trouser & sleeve length. The SF-approved lengths, for me, are a fraction too short for me to be happy when in motion. I have to add about a 0.25" or 0.5" to what would look best when static.

Originally Posted by mjHession
I have to disagree for the most part. I know that there are some out here that are self-rightous asses. But for the most part I thank many offer constructive criticism, rather then criticism. Sure often it starts with a
facepalm.gif
, but usually when asked one gets some clarity.

Yeah, most folks won't give a lengthy critique at first, because many people just don't want to hear the criticism. So the facepalm appears instead. But if asked, most will expand on their comments.

Originally Posted by luftvier
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4024/...0ebf1dbcf6.jpg

Great cap.

Originally Posted by mjHession
Calling it quits for the night. From earlier today.

Monday...

I think this works much better for you than many other outfits. Looks pretty harmonious.

Alexander Olch linen pointed batwing bow

Wicked.

Originally Posted by edmorel
Took three pics, all sucked...

Nice outfit, from what we can see.

Originally Posted by ManofKent
Scottish lambswool sweater: Hawick knitwear
Shirt: Corneliani
wool knit tie: County Clothes, Canterbury

I love this colour combo. Really good.

Originally Posted by TRINI
New sportcoat...

What fabric is that?

jan26003.jpg
jan26004.jpg
jan26002.jpg

jan26001.jpg

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Holdfast
What fabric is that?

Pull out your calculator.

It's...deep breath....39% wool, 39% angora, 18% cotton, 5% cashmere.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Slewfoot
Thanks, but don't tempt me! The blue also sounds very nice. I've been looking for a light blue (like a deep sky blue) donegal tweed with multi colored speckles for a few years now. I saw it once in a random house book and thought I'd ponder rather than pouncing on it. Bad idea jeans were worn that day.

donegal + jeans = great

onix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

39 + 39 + 18 + 5 = 101%! Damn, that's a lot of fabric

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Its a suit. I'm still interviewing professional photographers to follow me around all day and take pics in situ so that I can post them, but until then my iphone pics will have to do.

jesus my hands look fat.

Try taking one outside with the phone pointing towards you - it should be much clearer and it's not tricky to get the tie, lapels and shirt in shot.

I had slim hopes that my new HTC HD2 would have a decent enough camera to save lugging a separate camera to work but it's not much better than the iphone. I continue to suffer for my vanity.

like that fabric a lot, take a better/fuller pic.

Yes massuh.

4307143176_b32d7d3800.jpg

Much better
smile.gif

Nice fabric, but then I'm already envious of your sportscoat collection.

Originally Posted by oldog/oldtrix
Attachment 37461

Attachment 37462

Attachment 37463

Attachment 37464

I really like this combination, but what's with the belt buckle?

Maybe the partly the stance? Two different robot pics:

- B

Definitely pose.

I love this colour combo. Really good.

jan26003.jpg

[/quote] I like the sportscoat, but I'm not convinced by the choice of tie. The tie itself is unobjectionable but for me there's too much competing colour in the combination.(meant to quote the close up whch shows it more, but you get the idea)

Schorsch

Reaction score
Originally Posted by luftvier
Night class.

4305715644_0ebf1dbcf6.jpg
4305716504_5131af2d99.jpg

Is that a moleskin overcoat?

and

Does anybody know if the fabric of this (loverly) SC has a name?

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by onix

Good value then
smile.gif

SirSuturesALot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Took three pics, all sucked. Those of you that went to elementary school on NYC in the 70's, my office bathroom will bring back memories.

Ed, please take better pictures. Your stuff looks fantastic.
thumbs-up.gif

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

No kitchen sink to throw in too?

Seriously, looks very unique. I like.

Originally Posted by ManofKent
I like the sportscoat, but I'm not convinced by the choice of tie. The tie itself is unobjectionable but for me there's too much competing colour in the combination

I agree entirely. I didn't plan what I was going to wear today, just picked out whatever I fancied in turn out the wardrobe, and so ended up wearing too many clashing colours/patterns (even moreso than usual). It was a mistake only compounded by the scarf! It's interesting, I didn't notice I was doing this while picking stuff out of the wardrobe. Only when I looked at the ensemble in the mirror did I see the clashes, but by then I couldn't be bothered to change anything.
smile.gif

Funnily enough, I think if I'd toned down just a single element (jacket, shirt, or tie), this could have been quite a good combo. As is, I agree with you.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
My monitor must be fuct because those look like 2 different jackets.

I'm sure you're right about the pose though.

me too.

Vox, I am very unimaginative and I mostly wear blue shirts and blue ties, so I think I never have issues with louder coats. I don't see anything wrong with either outfit my only issue is with the cut of the coat, not crazy about the patch pockets (why do the English cut the pockets so close to the edge?) and prefer the "curves" of the MBT stuff.

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by onix

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Math fail
facepalm.gif
facepalm.gif

I guess the tag wasn't made in an Asian country

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
jan26001.jpg

I did not think it possible, but you have "topped" yourself. Outstanding and brilliant! I like the tie!!!

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Après le dÃ
00a9.png
luge Tuesday:

774029388_gTLgH-X2.jpg

Filson 257 bag

Vox,

Is that a "vintage" 257? I'm carrying mine today and it does not have the zipper on the side pocket like yours.

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I think that's actually a 258

jamesbond

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks like they down graded your office Ed? I remember seeing marble (not marbles). Although there is not nearly enough graffiti for a NYC 70's school bathroom.

Took three pics, all sucked. Those of you that went to elementary school on NYC in the 70's, my office bathroom will bring back memories.

1264524322.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads