Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LabelKing, Jan 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vitaly

Vitaly Senior member

^^^

Love the pants. Kudos for the tie/shoes bringing it all together.

Thanks!)

2. landshark

landshark Senior member

Olive green linen suit with bits of blue and yellow in it as well. Spent most of the day sans jacket though. Sorry for the poor camera quality.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Details:
    Suit by Jay's of Waterbury, Connecticut
    Tie by Polo by Ralph Lauren
    Inherited Tie Bar
    Banana Republic Square
    Banana Republic Shirt
    Banana Republic Bluchers.

3. spoozy

spoozy Senior member

Nice watch. What is it? Let me have it.

As I sit on waivers awaiting the decision on what region i may represent ... i humbly present my entry.
    [​IMG]

Wow, Nii, it takes balls to wear that jacket. You got em, that´s for sure.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

When i have grown up, i want to look like you, Spoo. Damn it, those colours are looking like brother and sister, that´s how well they go together.

My son's first birthday party...I can't believe its been a year. Go back to work on Tuesday and I'm incredibly sad (a LOT more than I thought I'd be) to have to leave my two kids at day-care after spending two whole months with them, watching them grow. Really going to soak up this last day with them. Last year was hard with one, but now with two its even worse. I guess I should be thankful that I have a job that at least allows that, I know a lot of you dads on here are on call/working a lot more than I am.[​IMG]

Navy Seersucker Summer Blazer and Madras Pants...figure get one more good summer wear out of 'em.

[​IMG]

Ranger, love that pants, and love the jacket. As suggested before, you might have chosen a brighter tie, like green or yellow...but still, kickin ass!

4. clarinetplayer

clarinetplayer Senior member

[​IMG]

Sharp silhouette on the DB coat.

5. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Affiliate Vendor

Ranger, love that pants, and love the jacket. As suggested before, you might have chosen a brighter tie, like green or yellow...but still, kickin ass!

[​IMG]

Cheers man...and this is great, I can feel the warm that the soft cord provides on brisk fall days...impatiently awaiting ours to start (gonna be 87 first day back at school on Wednesday).

6. Threadbearer

Threadbearer Senior member

Outside the Beltway but still in the Danger Zone
    [​IMG]
    I like your style overall, Doral, but I think you'd look better in slimmer slacks. The jacket might benefit from some tapering, too, but definitely the slacks (in my opinion).

[​IMG]
    I like this a lot, Vitaly, especially the cut of that jacket. That's the way I wish my jackets fit me.

[​IMG]
    Perhaps it's just the angle of the shot, UC, but your jacket's silhouette appears quite bell shaped to me. Not as pronounced as the one quoted below, perhaps, but I still think it's less than flattering.

[​IMG]

7. kitonbrioni

kitonbrioni Senior member

Kiton blazer
    Brioni pocket-square
    Kiton shirt
    DG pant
    MD belt
    Armani socks
    JL bluchers
    ADP cologne
    Piaget watch

8. Holdfast

Holdfast Senior member

http://www.imagehost.se/images/daja5owg.jpg
    Cool fabric; dig it.
    This is nice even though I would have gone for maybe a blue/azure shirt. I wouldn't say it is out of balance, it's cool actually. This particular shirt I'd wear without a tie. You do pull this dared look off though IMO. It's on the edge which is respectable.
    Thanks. And yep, you're right, I do normally wear that shirt without a tie which is definitely where its natural sartorial comfort zone is, for want of a better phrase! [​IMG]
    <re: NewYorkRangers look> Huh. I hold the opposite opinion: One bold element keeps the whole rig grounded.
    This would indeed be the standard approach, but I rather think if you're going to go for something really bold, you might as well go the whole hog and do it with gusto. The "one pattern, rest solids, play with texture instead" thing is good advice if you want/need to look sober/respectable, but if you don't, then it's unnecessary advice. Forgive me seguing into a digression on this theme, but it will probably simply get lost in the SF ether anyway, so... [​IMG] This section of the board - understandably given the demographic posting - leans heavily towards choices suitable for workplaces and maintaining a similar "business-friendly"/"respectable chic" for casual looks outside of work. For all the high-end brands we discuss, most members here form a pretty middle-class, middle-of-the-road group, and I don't say that disparagingly or with any side, just as a statement reflecting why certain looks are more popular here than others. There are some who can break the standard SF mould with success (LK and stilmacher spring instantly to mind, as do barims and Neo to some extent), but even they are looked at as special eccentric cases rather than a genuinely alternative approach to wearing clothes. I miss former regular WAYW posters like SoCal and the guy who dressed in lots of Yohji for their fundamentally different approach to dressing. GetSmart and Fuuma too, for the same reason. NewYorkRanger is sort of in between, as he gives himself a bit more leeway than most; aeglus does too actually, and I don't think it's just coincidence that they're both school teachers, not lawyers/finance/business-executive/related jobs. When one talks of SF groupthink, it's not so much a unity of dress itself, but a unity of purpose behind WHY many here dress. It's sometimes forgotten that there are reasons other than to project an air of sober respectability or an image of stealth-wealth. This is also why one should know, but not be too adherent of, the "rules". Like the rules of any game, they are designed to facilitate play towards a particular shared goal. If your goal is different, then the rules may or may not be the correct way to reach that goal.

9. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Without getting too wordy, well put, HF.

10. teddieriley

teddieriley Senior member

I like clothes. How about you?

11. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

When i have grown up, i want to look like you, Spoo. Damn it, those colours are looking like brother and sister, that´s how well they go together.

Thanks spoozy.. must be in the name [​IMG] If I can offer one suggestion for your look today - maybe a collar that is a bit wider to better fit the girth of a knit tie knot.. just my .02. I enjoy your posts though, keep it up.

12. Senori

Senori Member

First time poster - I apologize for the low quality of the pictures and the setting, but it couldn't be helped. Not a lot of mirrors in dormitories.

Went without the sweater during the day, but the temperature fell rapidly in the evening (by the time I took this picture). But I thought it was still a reasonable weekend outfit - especially with summer ending and the opportunities for my reds quickly vanishing!

The sweater is navy and white, by the way - the picture makes it look rather black.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. UrbanComposition

UrbanComposition Senior member

Perhaps it's just the angle of the shot, UC, but your jacket's silhouette appears quite bell shaped to me.

It is bell-shaped, a little more than normal, but with the strong shoulders, severe waist suppression and extra-super-high armhole, it gives it a very uniform-esque look that I quite like. Definitely not an American look...British, perhaps?

14. banis

banis Senior member

15. spoozy

spoozy Senior member

Cheers man...and this is great, I can feel the warm that the soft cord provides on brisk fall days...impatiently awaiting ours to start (gonna be 87 first day back at school on Wednesday).

Well, honestly i would have preffered to stay longer in my area. We had about 4 weeks with nearly 40 degrees Celsius, and 3 months with rain and clouds.
    But anyway, i am seeing forward to rock some tweed in the upcoming weeks [​IMG]

Thanks spoozy.. must be in the name [​IMG] If I can offer one suggestion for your look today - maybe a collar that is a bit wider to better fit the girth of a knit tie knot.. just my .02. I enjoy your posts though, keep it up.

Guess your right: the apples doesn´t fall too far from the tree [​IMG]. Yeah, that collar thing was the one issue i was thinking about myself. But then i decided: what the heck, i like that shirt, and take that voluminous knot even if it looks like blowing up the collar [​IMG]
    And thx, very cool to hear that from such a sophisticated dresser.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.