1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LabelKing, Jan 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bleachboy

bleachboy Senior member

[​IMG] [​IMG]

wait - i assume that was snark right?

if not sorry and [​IMG] to me.

Heh, not snark. [​IMG] I am a recovering alcoholic.

2. niidawg3

niidawg3 Senior member

damn - sorry man. there is so much snark here its hard to tell sometimes.

needless to say, sorry about my comment and stay strong man.

post editted.

3. mafoofan

mafoofan Senior member Dubiously Honored

[​IMG]

Infinitely better.

4. Sander

Sander Senior member

Had some posts in multiquote, but it just became too much.

I still think that Diavolo is right most of the time, of course he could be softer, but that wouldn't be fun, right?

I like that Vox has said that Spoozy dresses terribly... [​IMG]

I also like the course the discussion has taken, it's really constructive, wouldn't have thought that it'd turn out that way.

@nii: I can actually appreciate fits that aren't blue/gray/brown. There is proof here: http://www.stilmagazin.com/forum/sam...hread-304.html user Algy dresses in a very traditional british way, which isn't my thing at all, but it is very well put together.

5. mafoofan

[​IMG]

Remember I mentioned your open quarters being cut funny? In some instances it's more obvious than others, and this is one of those instances. The bottom edge of each quarter looks like it's slanting up toward the center. To my mind, that means either they were cut that way, or your jacket balance is off. I'm beginning to suspect the latter. The buttoning point is high and appears to pull up the jacket's front. It looks as if someone's gently tugging your jacket back off your neck and shoulders.

6. Diavolo

Diavolo Senior member

Huge kudos for bravery and honesty and willpower. Sincerely.

7. whnay.

whnay. Senior member Dubiously Honored

Foo is on a roll!

8. Schorsch

Schorsch Senior member

[​IMG]
    Might be boring, but it is well done. Hem length and cuffs are subtly subversive these days, though. Actual security guards have about 4 inches of fabric pooling around their Kenneth Coles.

9. Chips

Chips Senior member

Not sure if these pants are dissimilar enough to go with this jacket. Kicking around ideas to wear this weekend in Vegas. Dinner will include the tie, but otherwise will be tieless. I just received this Sam Hober tie that I'm very pleased with. It's nice to finally have a tie the proper length without making a sacrifice at the knot or the overall length. Even though the shirt is a spread collar, I'll likely go with a FIH instead of this half windsor that I butchered.

[​IMG]

With flash

[​IMG]

10. ljrcustom

ljrcustom Senior member

Foo is on a roll!

+1

-LR

11. mafoofan

[​IMG]

With flash

[​IMG]

Don't do it. They are too close. Looks like a wannabe suit. Also, the tie and square are too close, but not the major problem.

Yet another example of why it's best to avoid grey odd jackets.

12. fritzl

fritzl Senior member

Foo is on a roll!

definitely

13. Chips

Chips Senior member

I think I'll opt for a different pair of light grey flannel trousers instead. They are several shades lighter than the jacket. My jacket options are limited till I have more of them altered.

14. mafoofan

I think I'll opt for a different pair of light grey flannel trousers instead. They are several shades lighter than the jacket. My jacket options are limited till I have more of them altered.

Do you have to wear a jacket/trouser combination at all? Why not just a suit, then?

15. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Senior member

^ Rob - in those photos it's interesting how the jacket looks excellent when unbuttoned, but when buttoned it seems unbalanced. Interesting fabric to it.

Shrunk when it was pressed with a hot iron, then let out, hence the imbalance when buttoned.

that fabric is anything but interesting, trust me.

rob, please get rid of that jacket. Your tailor hates it, I never want to see it. You know why!!

LOL, you guys are pushing me, I may just decide to post it, for a skinnier, and maybe shorter version of me.

+1 - looks like front balance is off and someone is pulling down on the coat from the back.

Killer shirt, though!

Thanks. Shirt was one of my first ever commissions.

Isn't this the jacket that shrunk?

Bingo!

If you're getting too buff for that sportcoat Rob & it needs a new home, don't forget I'm a 38/40 R [​IMG]

Ahem! I'm closer to 36/38, maybe it will fit me better?!

You guys may have to fight over it...lol...although I think by measurements ace would win the fit battle.

that jacket is always good for a page of discussion everytime R posts it ... lol.

I agree with Ed. you have so many more nice pieces ... eBay, B&S or Goodwill it.

[​IMG] Keep your eyes peeled on B&S guys.

Remember I mentioned your open quarters being cut funny? In some instances it's more obvious than others, and this is one of those instances. The bottom edge of each quarter looks like it's slanting up toward the center. To my mind, that means either they were cut that way, or your jacket balance is off. I'm beginning to suspect the latter. The buttoning point is high and appears to pull up the jacket's front. It looks as if someone's gently tugging your jacket back off your neck and shoulders.

Yes, and I agree about the quarters on this one. I think that fact is exacerbated by the fact that the jacket was let down from its original cut because of shrinkage, totally throwing the balance off. It was ridiculously short when it shrunk, so it had to be let down to be saved. Although whether saving it was what happened is certainly up for debate. Thanks for the input man. Its appreciated.

16. niidawg3

niidawg3 Senior member

Either one of these could work color-wise ... i dont know the formality of where you are going w.r.t khakis ...
    [​IMG]

17. Chips

Chips Senior member

I would, but I weighed 40 pounds more the last time any of my suits fit. With the exception of a thick flannel chalk striped navy suit that would likely wear too warm, that one, is only one size too big.

I have two jackets that fit decently. One navy, and this grey. I'll likely ditch the tie and opt for the navy jacket instead. I don't think any of the rest of my friends are even bringing anything fancier than a dress shirt and although I want to look nice, I don't want to be the one odd man out of the whole group wearing a jacket and tie, other than for a nice dinner.

18. Chips

Chips Senior member

Either one of these could work color-wise ... i dont know the formality of where you are going w.r.t khakis ...
    [​IMG]

The other pair of pants that fit are the shade of the grey ones on the right. I do have some Incotex that are a light tan khaki as well. I'll bring both.

I'm staying at Aria, planing on one nice dinner at least. I'd imagine the majority of the dinner crowd there will be in jackets and ties, so I wont mind if my party doesn't match me formality wise, I'll fit in enough with the rest of the atmosphere.

19. Vitaly

Vitaly Senior member

Deets on the shoes please?
    The shoes are the Loake badminton G in black grain?
    Thanks!) Shoes Loake 1880 Fairford grain
    [​IMG]
    Great tie!
    Today
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. TC (Houston)

TC (Houston) Senior member

Not bad. However, I really do hate solid white shirts paired with solid white sqaures. It's too sharp and graphic--and a wasted opportunity to marry the other pieces of your outfit together. Consider that it is undisputedly banal to wear a matching tie and square, and you would never wear a square in the exact same color and pattern as your non-white shirt. Why is white and whit okay? It's less unusual, but I think it's equally wrong.

Thanks, man. I tend to agree with you. The shirt is actually white with a micro blue overcheck, so reads pale blue.

Sorry for the crappy photo, but you get the idea.

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.