• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

aleeboy

Reaction score
Santoni FAM monks in black

Prada cotton pants in black

Hermes belt

RLPL blue shirt tailored to my Adonis-like body

IWC watch

All good here

Swan Song

Reaction score
A nice vintage Lucchese Boot circa 1980 when they were still handmade in San Antonio.

They have matured into a deep and rich patina, and the fit and finish are impeccable.

gregaz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by niidawg3
beautiful scenery G. where is this?
West coast of Finland.
Originally Posted by Sonny58
Given the map he may not be entirely sure.
He may also not entirely care ...
smile.gif
Originally Posted by tshaw
OH man, Gregaz, your boat reminds very much of a boat I had a few years ago...What kind is it, etc?? I loved my boat (O'Day 19', blue and white fiberglass with antique teak floorboards, trim, etc)-had sooo much fun with it on Barnegat Bay and Lake Champlain.
smile.gif

It's an Iain Oughtred design Ness boat that my father and I built. Still working on editing photos and catching up in general, but to start, here is a PG tribute shot.
DSC_0697.jpg

Threadbearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mmkn
jpjgjs.jpg

I'm sure I'll get mocked by those who think shorts aren't worth taking to a tailor, but I really think these ought to be slimmed considerably and probably ought to be shortened about half an inch. Then again, I'd also lose the pleats, so there's no accounting for taste, eh?

makewayhomer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
not sure where to post this. I'm not used to wearing suits/ties beyond funeral/interview/wedding situations, where I traditionally have worn solid shirts. would like to try something different for a wedding this weekend. Saturday night in the city, but certainly not black tie or black tie optional. want to wear something with a little more flavor/fun. would this shirt work with this suit? blue or orange ties the best? click able:

GuidoWongolini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Moody
100819-2.jpg

100819-3.jpg

Big A

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MBreinin
To wit, a few examples (or do you think these are also too big?):
Sills.jpg
1963-7%281%29.jpg
BlueTuesday4.jpg
Earl-1.jpg
Freemans-1.JPG

OK, stupid question but in nos. 2, 3 and 5 above you seem to have a lot of puckering (or "drape" lol) in the chest area parallel with your armpits. Are you sure you are actually a 44 jacket? Perhaps one size down, let out along the back, would fit better? The first couple of suits look fine to me, BTW,

niidawg3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by clarinetplayer
The nicest day we've had all summer.

Maestro - full shots would help garner better feedback. hard to judge fit with these angles.

I like the gingham shirt a lot.

Originally Posted by StephenStyle
Some cashmere and marinella action...
CIMG0630.jpg

Again ... full pics are always more appreciated. That not withstanding the combo of the jacket/shirt/tie looks killer!!!

Originally Posted by TRINI
4904602594_a6fa9208f1_z.jpg

like HF said, always a nice change up to see you decked out in a suit. I think a different colored tie would have been nice though. I know you have been diavolo'd ... lol ... but sometimes i think fits can be "simple to a fault ... maybe a grey tie would have brought more visual interest than the blue ... if you want to stay "sombre"

Originally Posted by Phat Guido
Moody
100819-2.jpg

100819-3.jpg

- the attention to detail is truly impressive PG ... matching of the pattern, picking up of the colors from ps/suit/tie ... and overall cut of the suit.

masterfully done agian.

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Big A
OK, stupid question but in nos. 2, 3 and 5 above you seem to have a lot of puckering (or "drape" lol) in the chest area parallel with your armpits. Are you sure you are actually a 44 jacket? Perhaps one size down, let out along the back, would fit better?

The first couple of suits look fine to me, BTW,

I am between a 40 and a 42, not a 44 (although at one point I had my fat ass up to a 46, LOL).

I think alot of what you are seeing is a function of the way I hold the camera and the effect it has on the arm pit area. The suits that you think fit the best are by far the tightest, almost to the point where the lapels bow out. However, when I hold the camera like that, it closes the lapels.

Today's example is also more on the snug side. I have only worn this once. It is another vintage Polo example.

Have a good Thursday everyone!

Mike

Dis-1.jpg

Dis-6.jpg

Dis-3.jpg

Dis-7.jpg

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Phat Guido
Moody
100819-2.jpg

100819-3.jpg

I really hate you, PG.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Rubinacci take 2. One more day until vacation.

If the USPS does it's job, hopefully I'll have a big surprise for you tomorrow.
devil.gif

4a2b52d1.jpg

31a64689.jpg

d5b68a79.jpg

Weren't you JUST on vacation? I haven't had one since Ex-wife #1 was pregnant with child #2...10 years ago. Yeah.
ffffuuuu.gif

Love this jacket. I would love to see it with a blue tie and maybe a shirt with a texture.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by niidawg3
Olive Thursday ...
bdd72d1c.jpg

Can't really tell much here, Ni. Any more pics?

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Staff online

Forum statistics