1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LabelKing, Jan 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. w.o.e.is.me.

w.o.e.is.me. Senior member

thanks guys, and agreed Urban really murdered it.
    those socks are awesome.

2. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Senior member

UC-Too cool for school.

Luft...the purple lapel flower was in support of gay kids who are bullied...I know the day was yesterday, but my boss made yesterday pink for breast cancer, so I wore my purple today.

Woe...cool tie and as usual GREAT pic...the suede shoes are sticking, but if you want the black ones let me know pal.

3. vncrz

vncrz Senior member

4. JPHardy

JPHardy Senior member

Swell shot of you and Mrs Woe. Exerrent tie. Might be the angle, but shirt collar looks a tad off - maybe the cleaner pressed it strangely?

Woe's collar seem to be ready for take off in a bunch of pictures. I'm surprised it has not been mentioned before. Probably because he comes off very charismatic, its missed.

5. MBreinin

MBreinin Senior member

[​IMG]

I like this.

Mike

6. w.o.e.is.me.

Woe's collar seem to be ready for take off in a bunch of pictures. I'm surprised it has not been mentioned before. Probably because he comes off very charismatic, its missed.

no, you're right actually.
    virtually all my shirts are somewhat ill fitting (they're generally cheap & OTRs).
    but i'm ordering a bunch of MTMs next week to rectify that.
    its all about the incremental improvements.

7. clarinetplayer

clarinetplayer Senior member

Sorry for the casual look today guys - got a gig tonight.

[​IMG]

8. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Having another go at it this morning...

Clean fit. Are those Lobb Towcesters? I have the same, should get those out again.

I would have gone with a different tie, perhaps a dark green, but I like the suit and that PS is great.

Thanks - I can see green working nicely with this too. I wore green yesterday, so....

Rough estimate of my post 2001 stuff:
    Suits - 30%
    Odd coats - 30-40%
    Trou - 100%
    Shirts - 100%
    Ties - 20%
    Shoes - 60%

Bravo. Thank god for eBay, huh. It works for you, so keep it up.

Another good combo, Spoo.

Mike

Thank you.

Thursday, still swamped.

Suit is kick ass bro. Not 100% on the tie - maybe something with a little more FU in it, but this works. Only thing I would change are the shoes - they are great but the metal eyelets with a big suit like this dont work for me. Something a bit sleeker, maybe. Ive done this before too, and while its OK, a sleek shoe is just more ka-pow.

Very nice, BB. Im not a fan of yellow shirts, but its not terrible here. If you were doing pastels, I would have opted in a mint green maybe, but a blue would have been perfect here.

Spoo - you've nailed the blues and browns. Now go back to your true colors and figure out how to nail down the greens, pinks, oranges etc. Those are the colors you like wearing ... and those colors CAN be combined right (see oldog).

Just figure it out and you will be in great shape cos you like learning and have a great attitude to this clothes thing. You can still express yourself color-wise and get the combination right.

This is extra-pickiness, but I agree with Nii: try some different colors. Not that today's fit is bad, but...surprise us [​IMG]

I cannot believe y'all are telling me Im dressing too safe and boring. [​IMG] I WILL remind you of this when I go all Joseph and the Technicolor Rainbow on your asses.

Despite the closeness of the tie and PS colours, this is just right IMO. Very nice.

Thanks O - Much appreciated!

Spoo, Mbreinen did a nice job today.

Thanks Moo - and damn man - thats some serious shoulder action on your SC... wild, but works on you.

Hmph. Needs more patterns. [​IMG]

Come on bro... patience and the secrets of the world will be explained to you.... [​IMG]

awesome shoes

Now THIS post makes me want to go and cuff all my pants! Knees down this is just effing awesome Rob. Love the pants, great break, perfect shoes. SC has lovely fabric and I think you picked the right tie for it. Nice, nice, nice.

To pre-empt Spoo's question - the raincoat, suit, shoes, tie, and clip are all pre-2001.

Ive got nothing to say now. [​IMG] Looks great Lufty - I tried to find your original "no shoe tree" pic, but couldnt find it. You should post that hot mess to show how far you have come.

A Jr. Spoo today - if Spoo had posted after you today then he would have been BleachBoy jr. Very nice to both gentlemen!!!! Congrats!! [​IMG] Love the fabrics!!

[​IMG]

Hella cool bro. Is this steampunk? I ask this seriously.

9. luftvier

luftvier Senior member

Ive got nothing to say now. [​IMG] Looks great Lufty - I tried to find your original "no shoe tree" pic, but couldnt find it. You should post that hot mess to show how far you have come.
    Ask and ye shall receive. The much-maligned photo: [​IMG] Just as an update:
    • Middle shoes in the top row have been donated, as have the longwings 2d from the left on the bottom row;
    • The two right-most pairs on the bottom are being recrafted as I type;
    • I have many more pairs now;
    • Also, they're now properly stored in a wardrobe.
    Bravo. Thank god for eBay, huh. It works for you, so keep it up.
    eBay, thrifting, and AAAC trad thrift exchange are all very useful to me.

10. ndw

ndw Senior member

A Jr. Spoo today - if Spoo had posted after you today then he would have been BleachBoy jr. Very nice to both gentlemen!!!! Congrats!! [​IMG] Love the fabrics!!
    Thank you.
    This is good stuff. Not sure I love the color of the stripes, but otherwise first rate.
    Thanks. After yesterday's comment about the suckiness of my shirt tie combos I thought I'd tone it back down.
    [​IMG]

This is dope. You have style.
    [​IMG]
    You always looks sharp. Nicer shirts would definitely up your game.
    Clean fit. Are those Lobb Towcesters? I have the same, should get those out again.
    Towcesters they is. Apparently, you have nice taste in shoes.

11. Axelman 17

Axelman 17 Senior member

[​IMG]

Where is the cardigan from? Looks good

12. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Senior member

Thanks Moo - and damn man - thats some serious shoulder action on your SC... wild, but works on you.

Thanks. The shoulders are to help support the addition to the family (found out yesterday that wifey is pregnant [​IMG] )

13. w.o.e.is.me.

Thanks. The shoulders are to help support the addition to the family (found out yesterday that wifey is pregnant [​IMG] )

NICE ONE!
    Congrats!

14. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Yeeee-haw!
    [​IMG]

15. SpooPoker

Trivia:

Luf-T, there is one pair in here I like. Can you guess which?

Top row, last on right.

16. EZETHATSME

EZETHATSME Senior member

[​IMG]

NYR, those shoes are awesome. Let me know if you ever decide to kick them loose. I might be interested.

Like the outfit, w.o.e - the watch looks very cool from what I can see of it. Mind sharing the maker?

EZ

17. luftvier

luftvier Senior member

Trivia: Luf-T, there is one pair in here I like. Can you guess which?
    The AS punchcaps. EDIT: Ah, Spoo beat me to it,

18. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Senior member

NICE ONE!
    Congrats!

Thanks!

Congrats on teh (soon to be) calf, son!

PS: You may need to turn that coat into $$$

[​IMG]

Yeeee-haw!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Thanks guys.

19. luftvier

luftvier Senior member

Thanks guys.

Quick, buy as much shit as you can before the kid is born. They're dammed expensive. [​IMG]

20. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Senior member

Quick, buy as much shit as you can before the kid is born. They're dammed expensive.

This is what I hear. [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.