1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LabelKing, Jan 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. luftvier

luftvier Senior member

I wouldn't call you an old man, counselor. [​IMG]
    My curmudgeonly attitude belies my chronological age. [​IMG]

2. itsstillmatt

itsstillmatt Senior member Dubiously Honored

No snark intended, but: please explain this one. [​IMG] My (admittedly untrained) eye sees a fairly good combination without being too matchy, and the patterns are not too close together.

I think the tie ought to be more blue and less red with that shirt. That is all.

Do yourself a favor and ignore teh "critiques" of those who don't post fit pics.

Yeah, I've never posted a pic. Ever. Bris, by any other name, you are still a dildo.

3. polar-lemon

polar-lemon Senior member

I think the tie ought to be more blue and less red with that shirt. That is all.

Yeah, I've never posted a pic. Ever. Bris, by any other name, you are still a dildo.

Yet the shirts suck? [​IMG]

4. itsstillmatt

Yet the shirts suck? [​IMG]
    In the context of the outfits, the shirts suck.

5. ndw

ndw Senior member

OK, so here is a little help. Your suits and ties are great. Your shirts suck.

So plain white shirt with the first tie and oxford blue with the second one? I appreciate the honest feedback. I can't get over my navy tie fetish so when I try for variation fail is imminent.

6. itsstillmatt

So plain white shirt with the first tie and oxford blue with the second one? I appreciate the honest feedback. I can't get over my navy tie fetish so when I try for variation fail is imminent.
    In order to go with that tie, the white would have to be an oxford, not something smooth. I'd probably wear blue, or blue stripes there. For the second, I would go blue oxford or chambray.

7. UrbanComposition

UrbanComposition Senior member

Thanks for the explanation. Still getting my color combining down myself. Appreciated.

8. polar-lemon

polar-lemon Senior member

In order to go with that tie, the white would have to be an oxford, not something smooth. I'd probably wear blue, or blue stripes there. For the second, I would go blue oxford or chambray.

That's a useful perspective.

9. acecow

acecow Senior member

Do yourself a favor and ignore teh "critiques" of those who don't post fit pics.
    That is genius. Considering both of the critics actually post fit pics. [​IMG] And for the record, I like his outfit. But there's always something to critique. I, personally, enjoy every little bit of criticism I can get.

10. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Senior member

This jacket is on the verge of being too large. [​IMG] [​IMG]

11. ZON_JR

ZON_JR Senior member

I'm really digging this look. Very nice, casual and a good play of colors. I like how the bag matches the cardigan.

This rivals some of the best comments at the Sartorialist.

12. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

No, it's not an early SpooPoker-DTO...
    Just arrived in excellent condition. Thank you, Spoo!
    (Mrs. and little Miss NOBD like it.)

Glad it got there safe and fast C - Enjoy!

Solid fit, great shoes.

Mike

Thanks man.

Wet Wednesday

Nice fit as well. Shoes have a great patina.

I like the "stuff" of your pocket square.

Thanks CP - first shot - grab-n-stuff.

today

Great colors, great knot. If I can recommend as well - to do a pose without the hand on the hip? Im sure some of those great DB's you have fit better than they seem by that pose.

Throwback Wednesday​

1. Whats up with that creature on your computer?

2. Are the sleeves a bit short on the SC?

everything works together. a good thing!!

:thumbsup:

Looking subdued today. [​IMG]

I knew it was going to be a shitty day at work.

Someone asked why I never do still shots...it just feels so unnatural. Who stands like this?...oh well.

Great shoes, great pics.

are these bb's former wheels?

Yes sir... a trade for something familiar....

Cheers...

No massive clams today.

Not 100% on this, Rob - looks a bit sloppy IMO.

Spoo [/b] http://www.styleforum.net/showpost.p...ostcount=22637 Normally silence reigns as the criticism (hey, I had one comment in the last half-dozen fits I put up...) but for this one - a bit meh.

It was a meh day at best.

Playing with patterns today.

Get good at that.... [​IMG]

vintage

What % of your arsenal makes up garments produuced after 2001? I ask this seriously.

My entry for "Learning from great masters" and to see if i can get any comments on this one (may it be love or hate):

Im feeling this, spoozer.

A couple looks from this week.

This looks great, head to toe, I think I wore the same shoes today... [​IMG]

13. cardguy

cardguy Senior member

This jacket is on the verge of being too large. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Who makes that plaid shirt?

14. clarinetplayer

clarinetplayer Senior member

Yes!!!!!!!!![​IMG]

Clean look.

Posted on the 100 Days Project as well. Bravo.

Very classy, cp. Is the shirt pink?

Gentlemen, thanks. Yes, the shirt is pink.

[​IMG]

Nice links.

[​IMG]

An appealing pairing of this shirt and tie. I like the rich texture of the tie.

15. shonuf323

shonuf323 Active Member

16. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Senior member

Who makes that plaid shirt?

Paul and Shark

17. ndw

ndw Senior member

This looks great, head to toe, I think I wore the same shoes today... [​IMG]

An appealing pairing of this shirt and tie. I like the rich texture of the tie.

Thanks, fellas. I appreciate the diversity of opinions on here.

This jacket is on the verge of being too large. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I think the fit looks good. Maybe a little nip in the waste, but I don't like my coats too tight.

[​IMG]

I think the contrast collar and the paisley is too much, but you definitely have a unique style.

18. harry2quinn

harry2quinn Senior member

[​IMG]

Great cufflinks.
    A couple looks from this week. Some nice looks have been posted in the past few days- hard to keep up. [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Nice shoes. Won't get into the shirts topic except to say they don't look incredibly out of place to my admittedly less-trained eyes. With a couple of my odd jackets at the tailor, the same three jackets are cycled through on these pics. But I guess that's the challenge, right - making do with what you have to produce something fresh [​IMG] Vintage jacket, Guess shirt, RLBL pants, Nagrani socks, AE Fairfax shoes. [​IMG] Rubinacci shirt, Incotex pants, Allen Edmonds belt, Pal Zileri shoes. [​IMG] Bespoke orphaned suit jacket, Robert Talbott shirt, Mabitex pants, Nagrani socks, EG monks. [​IMG] [​IMG] Saturday night: BR shirt, LGC belt, D&G jacket, Levi 501s, AE beater shoes. [​IMG] Chester Barrie shirt, D&G jacket, Robert Talbott PS, Mabitex pants, Saks house label argyle socks, Barker shoes. [​IMG] [​IMG]

19. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Senior member

20. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Senior member

I think the fit looks good. Maybe a little nip in the waste, but I don't like my coats too tight.

Thanks. It just kind of feels floatier than some of my other stuff. I am losing weight, so I think that the shoulders/arms are OK, but as you said the midsection is getting pretty "loose".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.