1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LabelKing, Jan 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bellyhungry

bellyhungry Senior member

No time to comment on many looks but this one stood out as something a bit wackily different:

[​IMG]

Great looking corduroy blazer.

If there's enough material, I would cuff the pants togive it a more balance top to bottom look, just my opinion.

2. bellyhungry

bellyhungry Senior member

BB, get thee to a core strengthening exercise class. All of your clothes will look 100x better.

+1

I suggest shoulder exercise to start.

3. voxsartoria

voxsartoria Senior member

BB, get thee to a core strengthening exercise class. All of your clothes will look 100x better.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

- B

4. bleachboy

bleachboy Senior member

voxsartoria, you are one cryptic dude sometimes.

5. Doral

Doral Senior member

Great use of the fall palette. I wish I could wear more orange, but I just look silly in it most of the time.
    You may think you look silly but other people might not see it that way. Give it a try [​IMG] .
    One thing that sucks about living in Nashville is that I could never wear that tie without every third person wanting to talk about University of Tennessee football with me.
    You should try living in College Station, Texas home of the Fighting Texas Aggies whose school color is marron, yet their rivals of 100 years the Texas Longhorns school color is orange. Pepole see me wearing orange and I get some nasty looks but it does not bother me.
    - a ton of folks from my office went to that conference. they echoed your thoughts. - the pants and jacket are too similar in color. i think you needed more contrast to make it work.
    You are right niidawg the pants and jacket are too similar in color to make it work effectively. ___________________________________________________________________________ A couple of outfits from this week. The first one I wore to a friends house warming and the second one I wore this Sunday. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. UrbanComposition

UrbanComposition Senior member

More wife pics.
    [​IMG] I like the colors, & the suit is killer. Shirt is weeee too much, but that's just me. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Tie --- shoes. NICE. Very trad, sir [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

going to coffee on a sunday

Coffee on a Sunday with a pocket square? Dayum [​IMG] I suck with pocket squares, so I prolly need to step up my game...I only have about 5 or 6 [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Beard is starting to get epic. Also, thank you for untucking your shirt on a weekend. It is a weekend, after all.
    +1. Also, you might want to shorten your sleeves, and get pants with a lower rise.
    [​IMG]
    Nice look. Shoes are great, too. Slim those sleeves, and you've got a winner.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

I like this too, a lot actually, but I'd choose a different color pocket square...it seems too close to the tie color.

7. Red Glasses

Red Glasses Senior member

8. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Senior member

Coffee on a Sunday with a pocket square? Dayum [​IMG] I suck with pocket squares, so I prolly need to step up my game...I only have about 5 or 6 [​IMG]

Beard is starting to get epic. Also, thank you for untucking your shirt on a weekend. It is a weekend, after all.

+1.

-knew you'd like that look...very much "you"
    -thanks, I do my best, but that not epic, this:
    [​IMG]
    is when it was most epic. I've started growing it 2 and a half months earlier this year, so by March, whoah, watch out!
    -bleachboy, yeah. Even if time is an issue, which it is with many of us, simple core activities would take you a long way.

Hi NYR,
    Do you size up your jacket because all the stuff underneath?
    thanks

I thought about it, but decided against it. Without the sweater, the jacket has a touch more drape, with it, you can see its slightly fitted. My tailor and I did have a conversation about it and we decided that since the fabric was so heavy, most of the time a sweater AND that jacket would be overkill.

9. IST66

IST66 Senior member

10. BlackBrumel

BlackBrumel Senior member

11. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored

12. audiophilia

audiophilia Senior member

[​IMG]

Wonderful.

13. Red Glasses

Red Glasses Senior member

[​IMG]

Very, very nice SC!!!

14. EnglishLapel

EnglishLapel Senior member

15. philosophe

philosophe Senior member

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

- B

Nice to see the positive effects of retirement.

16. gnatty8

gnatty8 Senior member

[​IMG]

I think I've read the advice before, but you really should consider cuffing your trousers, I think it would add polish to your fits.. When I see plain bottom trousers like that, they just don't seem finished.. I like the pattern of the sportcoat, but I think the tie clashes somewhat..

17. HappyCamper

HappyCamper Well-Known Member

Just came back from Glasgow where i did a gig with my band. Some really bad pictures of me from the trip. In the mighty cematary of Glasgow called Necropolis. [​IMG] Jacket - Henry Lloyd Jumper - Brooks (the biking company) Pants - Panta Socks - Berg & Berg Shoes - Santoni Scarf - Johnssons This is what i wore for the gig: [​IMG] Suit- Vintage from local bespoke Shirt - Finamore Tie & PS - Berg & Berg Not seen: Shoes - Crockett & Jones Lowndes Socks - Berg & Berg Ps. The glasses are not mine. Just fooling araund Ds.

18. Slewfoot

Slewfoot Senior member

Spoo - Love the shoes. Who's the maker on those elgant suede brogues?

19. MBreinin

MBreinin Senior member

Monday and it is hot again. I hate heat.

Prada suit, Polo shirt, vintage silk knit, vintage Wright Cordwainer shoes.

Hoping to bring back some cooler fits soon.

Have a good one.

Mike

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. MBreinin

MBreinin Senior member

New SC Monday:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Great SC, Spoo. Wrong tie.