HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LabelKing, Jan 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Affiliate Vendor

LabelKing in the Legation Quarter.

Now thats a tie!

2. maomao1980

maomao1980 Senior member Dubiously Honored

10 points for wearing a tie, long sleeve shirt, and DB in the Beijing heat.

3. gregor

gregor Senior member

What is the make of your tie, Labelking?

4. Ambrosi

Ambrosi Senior member

What possible rationale would you have for choosing a highly tapered trouser?

You mentioned a couple posts back that these were made by Ambrosi, I believe. I have never heard of Ambrosi outside of this forum, had you? He has produced nothing that looks even halfway decent for anybody here. The non-balanced highly tapered look doesn't flatter anyone (at least pictured here), and it seems obvious at this point he makes no attempt to make clothes that actually fit and complement an individual rather than his template. Either that, or people are printing out pictures of mafoofan and bring them to him. From what I've seen, I'd never use him.

perhaps you have looked bad, or you have not looked at all ...... if you see the trousers or pants Manton Will not believe that they are very slim ...

I make a customized product, and not predetermined sizes ...
    if the customer orders me I cut a tight pants tight ...

unfortunately in this forum the people who put pictures like tight pants .....

5. voxsartoria

voxsartoria Goon member

Voxsartoria's Weekly WAYWRN Subjective and Totally Unfair Digestâ„¢ Part II has been updated for the week ending 08/06/2010.

- B

6. TRINI

TRINI Senior member

[​IMG] [​IMG]

7. JPHardy

JPHardy Senior member

8. JPHardy

JPHardy Senior member

[​IMG]

It's good to be the King.

9. MBreinin

MBreinin Senior member

Work.

[​IMG]

I like this. I think your facial expressions are pretty funny though. Maybe you should do the old choperoo so we can focus on your nice clothes. I know my facial expressions are awful....so I cut them out. [​IMG]

Thanks Mike!!! I think it too big compliment from you. Your taste and your clothes are faultless (especially your double-breasted jackets).

No, no, no. Your taste is better than mine. You are an inspiration, my friend! Thanks, though. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Fucking balling. Sheer awesomeness. I wonder how many shots it takes to get this right? [​IMG]

Oh, and thanks to everyone who commented yesterday. I am at hom today with the kiddos, so no Friday fit.

Mike

10. JPHardy

JPHardy Senior member

Doppelgänger ?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Might be old news, since I have not been able to check too often.

11. 0b5cur1ty

0b5cur1ty Senior member

Casual friday comes round again:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

12. Sanguis Mortuum

Sanguis Mortuum Senior member

Fucking balling. Sheer awesomeness. I wonder how many shots it takes to get this right? [​IMG]

Since it's LK no doubt one shot is all that's ever necessary [​IMG]

13. MrDaniels

MrDaniels Senior member

I like this. I think your facial expressions are pretty funny though. Maybe you should do the old choperoo so we can focus on your nice clothes. I know my facial expressions are awful....so I cut them out. [​IMG]

But then how would the previous poster have been able to make the comment about his lapels? With you, we are fortunate that you gave us a look at your mug when you first started, so we know that your stylin'/ snappy singular threads match you perfectly:

[​IMG]

Now, does THAT say "chalk stripe double-breasted three-piece suit with lapels on the vest" or WHAT?!?!?

14. MBreinin

MBreinin Senior member

^^^^^^^ [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Mike

15. kevinsp8

kevinsp8 Senior member

Yes I do look rather dorky. On the other hand, I think the face (and even the environs) are important contextual clues to judge whether the overall look is working. Maybe I'll work on my expressions/poses. I'm an even worse model/photographer than dresser at the moment.

I like the colors, patterns, its put together well.... everything but the lapels.

You need a different cut or simply wider lapels, my friend. Because it looks snappy, but the lines dont match your face.

Please dont take offense, by posting these pictures I'm guessing people are looking for honest opinions. it looks good, but its just something about the lapels and cut that if it were changed just a little, would be perfectly complimentary.

Cool. No offense taken at all; this is the sort of feedback I want to get. I'll try to post something I have with wider lapels soon and see how it looks. In terms of 'different cut' though I'm unclear what you refer to.

Doppelgänger ?

[​IMG]

Might be old news, since I have not been able to check too often.

Hmm, excuse my ignorance, but who is this dapper gentleman to whom I'm being compared?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.