Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LabelKing, Jan 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AvariceBespoke

AvariceBespoke Senior member

What possible rationale would you have for choosing a highly tapered trouser?

You mentioned a couple posts back that these were made by Ambrosi, I believe. I have never heard of Ambrosi outside of this forum, had you? He has produced nothing that looks even halfway decent for anybody here. The non-balanced highly tapered look doesn't flatter anyone (at least pictured here), and it seems obvious at this point he makes no attempt to make clothes that actually fit and complement an individual rather than his template. Either that, or people are printing out pictures of mafoofan and bring them to him. From what I've seen, I'd never use him.

It think the Ambrosi comment was a joke... Plus there are plenty of wonderful examples on the forum so...[/quote]

I have to agree that those trousers he is talking about look terrible on that gentleman. He looks like a pear. Some people just shouldn't wear really slim / highly tapered trousers.

2. Aaron01

Aaron01 Senior member

[​IMG]

Tom Ford?

3. forex

forex Senior member

TRINI,please no knit ties and loafers with suits. Also,loafers are meh,I like the RL much more.

4. MrDaniels

MrDaniels Senior member

Damn it's hot today.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Holy Crayola 64-pack Batman!!!

(and it works very well!) [​IMG]

5. Fantastic Mr Foxx

Fantastic Mr Foxx Senior member

I have to disagree. I think the combo works well. I think the TF loafers are dope!
    - The Tom Ford (TF) loafers might be 'dope', but IMHO they do not go well with that suit. - Suede brogues might have worked well... but I guess it is up to TRINI himself to decide.

6. MrDaniels

MrDaniels Senior member

Hi all,

Despite looking around these forums regularly, I'm a dreadful dresser so hope you might be able to give me some pointers...

Have a wedding this weekend for which I want to wear a linen suit (very similar to the one in the picture - its an old one that's too small for me now, but wore it because the other is being laundered)

Anyway, i was trying out a few shirt tie combos hope you could tell me how bad/not so bad they look please? Maybe some pointers too?

I'll be wearing with some brown Russell and Bromely capped shoes with a very thin sole.

I realise im a bit of a mess, I was in a rush to take them! - Please try to be contructive, Thanks!!

[​IMG]
    Aside from the suit in need of a good pressing, nothing is in the "Dreadful" category. The first combo is best for a wedding, the second might be good for the office with a blue or grey suit. Third one is OK, if a bit dull.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Aside from the suit in need of a good pressing, nothing is in the "Dreadful" category. The first combo is best for a wedding, the second might be good for the office with a blue or grey suit. Third one is OK, if a bit dull. Guess what: You will be better dressed that 80% of the guys there.

7. TRINI

TRINI Senior member

Joke aside, nice, but I am not sure that the loafers, even if perfectly spit-shined, compliment the suit that well.

Adrian

Thanks Adrian. The loafers aren't actually as spit-shined as they seem. It's just the burnishing at the front.

- +1. Most of your outfits are 'homeruns', but this combination is not working...
    - Just saying

Cheers

I have to disagree. I think the combo works well. I think the TF loafers are dope!

Thanks.

Tom Ford?

Yep.

TRINI,please no knit ties and loafers with suits. Also,loafers are meh,I like the RL much more.

I know knit ties and loafers are against the 'rules' for suits but I wasn't really going for a CBD look. Plus, I was anxious to wear the shoes .

8. oldog/oldtrix

oldog/oldtrix Senior member

I know knit ties and loafers are against the 'rules' for suits

Always follow the rules:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Philip1978

Philip1978 Senior member

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

[​IMG]

Requoted for awesomeness.

10. Italian Cut

Italian Cut Active Member

[​IMG]
    I dig the look a lot and I think you can pull it off. It if were me, I would have gone with french cuffs, a narrower collar and a darker brown in those shoes, but all in all, a good look, especially for a jazz club or something. But then, I like double-breasted jackets. Some guys dont. Dunno why. As for this: [​IMG] Excellent suit, first of all. I love three-piece pinstripes. Its all put together very well, I guess I just dont understand the choice in tie but it just adds flavor in the end, so I cant say anything but 'well done" [​IMG]

11. ndw

ndw Senior member

[​IMG]

The gunlet cuffs are a really nice feature! Suit looks great.

12. 0b5cur1ty

0b5cur1ty Senior member

Had an extrodinarily casual day due to meeting with music-industry folks who have a severe distrust of anyone wearing a suit. So went urban...
    Nice casual look and great to see you posting again... but what colour are those cords actually? [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    I'd never dare try anything like this - it looks great.

[​IMG]
    Awesome chainmail tie. [​IMG]

13. 0b5cur1ty

0b5cur1ty Senior member

This evening, off to take my new HiFi to be repaired. [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

14. voxsartoria

voxsartoria Goon member

This evening, off to take my new HiFi to be repaired. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

- B

15. 0b5cur1ty

0b5cur1ty Senior member

[​IMG]

- B

[​IMG] indeed... and I was so delighted with it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.