HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LabelKing, Jan 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Holdfast

Holdfast Senior member

[​IMG]

Navy/white always looks great. Nicely done.

2. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

3. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Affiliate Vendor

Damn it's hot today.
    [​IMG]

As much as I love the colors of our team (you are a Met fan I hope) I think a bolder contrast is needed with that shirt and suit, much like you did with the square. Your suits fit great though, whats your primary go to brand?

I'mma spend the day in the pool...

4. daveec2n

daveec2n New Member

Hi all,

Despite looking around these forums regularly, I'm a dreadful dresser so hope you might be able to give me some pointers...

Have a wedding this weekend for which I want to wear a linen suit (very similar to the one in the picture - its an old one that's too small for me now, but wore it because the other is being laundered)

Anyway, i was trying out a few shirt tie combos hope you could tell me how bad/not so bad they look please? Maybe some pointers too?

I'll be wearing with some brown Russell and Bromely capped shoes with a very thin sole.

I realise im a bit of a mess, I was in a rush to take them! - Please try to be contructive, Thanks!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. daveec2n

daveec2n New Member

Hi all,

Despite looking around these forums regularly, I'm a dreadful dresser so hope you might be able to give me some pointers...

Have a wedding this weekend for which I want to wear a linen suit (very similar to the one in the picture - its an old one that's too small for me now, but wore it because the other is being laundered)

Anyway, i was trying out a few shirt tie combos hope you could tell me how bad/not so bad they look please? Maybe some pointers too?

I'll be wearing with some brown Russell and Bromely capped shoes with a very thin sole.

I realise im a bit of a mess, I was in a rush to take them! - Please try to be contructive, Thanks!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. edmorel

edmorel Quality Seller!! Dubiously Honored

I can only see the pics with the pink shirt and the pic with the blue striped shirt, both are more than fine with my preference being the blue stripe shirt outfit. Your tie know is too big relative to your shirt collar, you should change one or the other.

7. ndw

ndw Senior member

Hi all,

Look #2 is best.

8. Sanguis Mortuum

Sanguis Mortuum Senior member

Hi all,

I don't like the paisley tie much, especially with a shirt that is also pink. The other two looks are decent though. I think I like the one with the blue striped shirt best.

9. daveec2n

daveec2n New Member

Thanks chaps - Striped shirt was also my preference. Agreed the pink shirt and paisley is a bit much.

10. Reevolving

Reevolving Senior member

1) I can't believe you masochists wear suits in the summer! Tweed no less. Insane! 2) Does that jacket look "bell-shaped"? It doesn't look flattering at all. [​IMG]

11. MBreinin

MBreinin Senior member

Very nice, this.

Thank you. I like this suit alot. Does not seem to get much love here though.

So Classic, and timelessly Elegant! The Brigade of Guard's tie is my all time favorite tie style.

Blast from the past! Thanks, Tibor!

Cheers![​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Awesome. We have very similar tastes.

Damn it's hot today.
    [​IMG]

Way too much crap going on here, Spoomeister. Dig the suit though!

Mike

12. MBreinin

MBreinin Senior member

1) I can't believe you masochists wear suits in the summer! Tweed no less. Insane!
    2) Does that jacket look "bell-shaped"? It doesn't look flattering at all.

[​IMG]

It is double vented and the way I am standing is causing it to open up.

Mike

13. Butler

Butler Senior member

Thank you sir. 'Twas not a challenge, kind sir... more like a call to arms. Thanks for the old school pictorial defense, O/O. You working with MBreinin as council? [​IMG] I guess I "grew up" with navy pants as the default go to pant when in doubt. I did deliberate the pants this morning and had a grey one out too.. but opted for blue. Without the jacket, its a pretty (by my standards) conservative, color coordinated fit. However, I wanted one "flash and bang" item - usually my PS, so I opted for loud jacket, not really in harmony with the fit, but as an addition. Does that make any sense? Basically I used my jacket as my pocket square today. Anyway, I agree that it could have worked with a different pant, but I think it worked this way too - just in a different aspect. Thank you sir - They are not bespoke, but I think its my awkward pose that gives them liftoff. The first pic I am more relaxed and front facing - they lay flat. The second pic, my head is twisted, tightening the neck and giving rise to them... but I see your point. Its my pose that needs the adjustment. Noted. [​IMG] Also helps that I just lost 8 lbs! [​IMG] Thank you - its an older woven Charvet that is nearing the end of its life as its starting to get a little fuzzy. Sad too, I love this tie. [​IMG] Mrs. Spoo adjusted my fit to be a little more Luca and less Mariano in the dressing chambre after work. There will be no pictures. [​IMG] See above... but I hear you man. Really. And its noted - just takes me some time. [​IMG] Thanks - I thought you were going to be posting in PJ's now that you are not working for the man anymore? Two 1 sock 1 shoe pictues, 32 kitonbrioni (and 1 vox) text posts, Nii with Maradona in Argentina, A Rolls Royce SUV, no toilet shots, 2 bicycle toed shoes, an erect pocket square, some plaid, some tweed, some snark. Thass about it, I think. [​IMG] I really like that.
    Thank you sir - They are not bespoke, but I think its my awkward pose that gives them liftoff. The first pic I am more relaxed and front facing - they lay flat. The second pic, my head is twisted, tightening the neck and giving rise to them... but I see your point. Its my pose that needs the adjustment. Noted.

Right - but another "point" are they covered by the lapels? On one picture not, on another allmost!

14. MBreinin

MBreinin Senior member

Thundering Thursday as big storms roll through NOLA.

RRL SC, Borrelli pants, vintage Daks tie and Cole-Hahn specs.

Playing with my Hipstamatic app today as well.

Have a good one.

Mike

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. Sterling Gillette

Sterling Gillette Senior member

Casually Regal![​IMG] [​IMG]

Agreed, very nice look!

Thread Status: