• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mossrockss
Thanks, guys. A non-sartorially inclined friend said to me, "you look like you should be on a yacht, with tons of beautiful women at your side in beautiful dresses, drinking high-dollar alcoholic beverages. All those things are good, but your outfit is still weird."

That's great. Take it.

Loudly

Reaction score
Sticking a first toe in the water on this thread.

Casual Saturday night outfit. E&R RTW jacket; E&R MTM flannel trousers (part of a suit); ultra-budget Muji gingham check shirt; C&J shoes; tieless :-o

21c5zd0.jpg

topbroker

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Loudly
Sticking a first toe in the water on this thread.

Casual Saturday night outfit. E&R RTW jacket; E&R MTM flannel trousers (part of a suit); ultra-budget Muji gingham check shirt; C&J shoes; tieless :-o

21c5zd0.jpg

This looks very classy, if you ask me. I love the break on the trousers -- perfectly judged.

YoungAmerican

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
jesse1.jpg

jesse2.jpg

A childhood friend's wedding - we went out to the ceremony and it was a whole city block blocked off in the Tenderloin in SF. So wonderful. My wife said, "You look so handsome! Can we take a picture for your internet friends?"

The square is by Howard Yount and the tie a gift from Berg & Berg.

topbroker

Reaction score
Originally Posted by YoungAmerican
jesse1.jpg

jesse2.jpg

A childhood friend's wedding - we went out to the ceremony and it was a whole city block blocked off in the Tenderloin in SF. So wonderful. My wife said, "You look so handsome! Can we take a picture for your internet friends?"

The square is by Howard Yount and the tie a gift from Berg & Berg.

Love the three-piece suit, love the shoe color with the suit. What is the lapel decoration? I can't make it out. (I frequently wear vintage tied flies in my right lapel button-hole, an idea I got from the estimable Twin Cities clothier Marty Mathis.)

fuji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IMG_4075.jpg
Cross posted from SW&D because I thought it was quite MC. Feet look huge in the photo.Ill try find a photo which shows the detail better. Its not a black jacket with a white shirt, Jackets very dark navy and the shirts pale blue. Jacket: Aquascutum Shirt: Dior Jeans: Raf simons Shoes: Jil sander Watch: Rolex date just

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
The dignity must be due to my Asprey wallet.
The wallet looks great. Is it new or vintage? If recent, then where might it be available?

MarcInDentonTx

Reaction score
Originally Posted by MBreinin
I am totally comfortable in my clothes, to be honest. Most people at the firm mention that they like my style and I pull it off well. My boss's point was that it took a "real man" to wear my outfit, because of the pastel colors and the pants he perceived as pink....the implication being the outfit was some how an indication that I was gay...which could not be further from the truth. We have a very casual and slovenly office. Some people have been trying now that I have decided to reject casual, but they are hopeless. LOL

Mike
'

If you do not already have an employment attorney on retainer, think about it. That's actionable. If nothing else your "boss" needs a refresher from HR. I'm just sayin.

YoungAmerican

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by topbroker
Love the three-piece suit, love the shoe color with the suit. What is the lapel decoration? I can't make it out. (I frequently wear vintage tied flies in my right lapel button-hole, an idea I got from the estimable Twin Cities clothier Marty Mathis.)

It's a butterfly made of feather. Not far from a fly, actually.

topbroker

Reaction score
Originally Posted by YoungAmerican
It's a butterfly made of feather. Not far from a fly, actually.

That is terrific! I thought it might be something akin to my flies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads