HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LabelKing, Jan 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. luk-cha

luk-cha Senior member Dubiously Honored

Test driving a pair of paprika thanks to fritzl... Not my usual steez but thought I would be open minded. What do you think? Excuse the pants in the last pic.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

the pap's look nice!

2. Holdfast

Holdfast Senior member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Two great summer looks.
    Good luck, Holdfast - Hang tight and let us all know if we can help another SFer reach a personal goal.
    Thank you, and to everyone who sent good wishes either in-thread or via PM. I'm banking all those good vibes! Sparkly colours; Spoo'ed links... [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG]

3. gregaz

gregaz Senior member

Can't get away from the HEAT!

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

And an iGent dream come true - kolleidoscope of mirrors in the middle of a city to take a self photo from different angles with a single (almost) un-interrupted click.

[​IMG]

4. Mr.K

Mr.K Senior member

Very Hot Day In Charlotte with Some New Lee Baron Items

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Lee Baron, LGC, Levis, Alden, Rolex

Need to shave and get a hair cut, but I have been sick the last few days. Summer colds suck. It hit a 100 plus today in Charlotte, so the jacket was only for the pics this morning, but I am happy with the tweeks I had Peterlee do.

5. tshaw

tshaw Senior member

[​IMG]

Hey Holdfast, I don't usually comment on your posts because they are usually perfect and the fabrics are gorgeous [​IMG] ...However, in today's post, it looks like the jacket seems too big on you. The shoulders look fine, but the rest seems to be a size larger than you need. Maybe it's my eyes. OR, maybe I can blame the heat here...[​IMG]

T [​IMG]

6. teddieriley

teddieriley Senior member

[​IMG]

I'm curious, are you stretching your neck and looking upward so as to avoid getting your face/chin in the shot? Many of your poses seem to be like this.

7. kitonbrioni

kitonbrioni Senior member

Brioni blazer
    Gucci shirt
    Prada pant
    Brioni belt
    Zegna socks
    Prada bluchers
    Prada cologne
    Piaget watch

8. chyrspchuck

chyrspchuck Active Member

Very Hot Day In Charlotte with Some New Lee Baron Items

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Lee Baron, LGC, Levis, Alden, Rolex

Need to shave and get a hair cut, but I have been sick the last few days. Summer colds suck. It hit a 100 plus today in Charlotte, so the jacket was only for the pics this morning, but I am happy with the tweeks I had Peterlee do.

who makes that belt again?

mr. k great job btw, i wanna be you when i grow up, you always look spot on.

9. Mr.K

Mr.K Senior member

chyrspchuck,

Thanks, the belt is by Leather Goods Connection.

10. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

Two great summer looks.

Thank you, and to everyone who sent good wishes either in-thread or via PM. I'm banking all those good vibes!

Sparkly colours; Spoo'ed links... [​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I love how well you did dark, neutral and bright all in the same look.

11. topbroker

topbroker Senior member

I've been away from SF for a long while. I'm as allergic to posting photographs as I ever was, but I am enjoying many of yours. gnatty8, whom I remember from my earlier time, still completely stylin'. SpooPoker, new to me, your taste is awesome.

I just started teaching ESL in Korea a couple of months ago, and 99% of my wardrobe needs to be shipped to me; I'm dressing out of the garment bag I brought with me on the plane (four suits, one blazer). I hope to have all my belongings sent soon; I miss my clothes and books!

My Birman cat came with me to Korea, and having her here makes my little apartment (provided by the school) a lot more homey.

I'm currently teaching at a private academy for adult learners, but plan to be a visiting professor in a Korean university by this time next year. I have two master's degrees (in English literature and education) and all my credentials are from prestigious institutions, so finding a good uni job should be fairly easy. I landed this private academy job in a mere 72 hours from the moment I started my overseas job search.

My personal style, such as it is, is winning me many friends in Korea. It helps that I am of a mature age (51) as well. I have been called "Mr. CEO" and "Chairman of the Board," and have been compared to George Clooney twice. So now I can die happy.

EDIT: Here is my professional portrait:

[​IMG]

12. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

I like the shirt/tie color match.

Spoo, that's a nice pair of Budapester. Should keep them.

nicely done Spoo - the paprikas match wit the fit ... but this would also have gone pretty well with the specs from earlier in the week.

the pap's look nice!

Thanks gents - They did grow on me over the course of the day - although you definitely cant sneak up on someone with these paprikas - metal inset heel guards, and some squeaky suckers at that. Plus they clock in at about 7lbs, so I was noticed coming in from a mile away [​IMG]

Thanks again fritzl - Im glad this worked out.

Two great summer looks.

Sparkly colours; Spoo'ed links... [​IMG]

That was some fast shipping! [​IMG]

Green tie is phenomenal. I need more green everything.

Can't get away from the HEAT!

Is that a Hefeweizen I spy? mmmmm. Lovely pics.

SpooPoker, new to me, your taste is awesome.

Thanks topbroker! I appreciate it. You should meet up with aeglus in the K!

13. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

I've been away from SF for a long while.
    Welcome back.

14. DocHolliday

DocHolliday Senior member Dubiously Honored

Spoo, I like the Paprika but think it looks a little rustic paired with the sleek peaks/pictorial hank/spread collar/CBD tie.

Welcome back, Topbroker.

15. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Spoo, I like the Paprika but think it looks a little rustic paired with the sleek peaks/pictorial hank/spread collar/CBD tie.

Thanks Doc - I agree with you - was really taking them for a test drive for fit and comfort. Really plan to wear them in the fall with more tweedy/country fits etc. Was actually considering leaving them off, but you know the lure of a new shoe, right? I had my Alden shell cordos lined up for the fit, but wanted to give these a whirl.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.