HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LabelKing, Jan 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Holdfast

Holdfast Senior member

Been travelling to parts where there is internet censorship.. 6 flights, 2 boat trips, 3 countries, 10 days.. Fuk I'm tired..

Damn. You couldn't pay me enough to do this sort of thing. But it's clearly working for you, because you always seem to look cheerful in your photos. Nice photoessay.

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2002-1/8541/97L-8.JPG

Nice. More restrained than your usual, but I guess that goes along with the 12hr mediation!

Couldn't wait for today to end! 8 working days left until I'm no longer working for "the man". [​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Good god I want that SC, Holdfast.

New working gig coming up?

3. PandArts

PandArts Senior member

New working gig coming up?

+1 Awesome combo!!!! [​IMG]

4. Holdfast

Holdfast Senior member

+1 Awesome combo!!!! [​IMG]

Thanks guys. This jacket actually needed a small reweave last year after it got snagged on a door, but the repair job was fortunately pretty good (not perfect, since it's a rather complex weave/pattern, but good enough, esp. from a normal viewing distance).

Yep. Resigning from my full-time job in exchange for a portfolio career doing a variety of different things. Some still in my current line of work, some in other fields that I've been doing in my spare time already and want to scale up a bit if possible. All self-employed rather than working for someone else. It feels the right time to make these changes, financially and personally, and I can't wait! Fingers crossed it all works out.

5. Cary Grant

Cary Grant Senior member

Been travelling to parts where there is internet censorship.. 6 flights, 2 boat trips, 3 countries, 10 days.. Fuk I'm tired..

Welcome back, mang.

6. srivats

srivats Senior member

[​IMG]

These are lovely - who made 'em, C?

7. Holdfast

Holdfast Senior member

These are lovely - who made 'em, C?

Thanks. They're actually a pair of about 5-ish years old Loake 1880s.

8. Threadbearer

Threadbearer Senior member

Outside the Beltway but still in the Danger Zone
    I would like to find a suitable way to catch full length shots. I will work on it.
    One word, Mike: Tripod. (I don't own one myself, but I've been getting decent results using an adjustable mic stand as a substitute.)

Also, I bust my ass to stay fit, nothing wrong with showing it off a little in an appropriate environment.
    Amen, brother. Preach it!

9. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Boxercise Toughguy

10. 0b5cur1ty

0b5cur1ty Senior member

I always love Ob's shots - they show the best use of space for shoe storage under the bed! [​IMG] Dressy sheets - had to look a 2nd time. [​IMG]

T

I'm so glad everyone is finally focussing on the important things in my fit pics. [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Great pic series - like this last fit.

...debrief with Agent O...
    These too - was great seeing you in Amsterdam. Look forward to the next time. [​IMG]

Yep. Resigning from my full-time job in exchange for a portfolio career doing a variety of different things. Some still in my current line of work, some in other fields that I've been doing in my spare time already and want to scale up a bit if possible. All self-employed rather than working for someone else. It feels the right time to make these changes, financially and personally, and I can't wait! Fingers crossed it all works out.
    Good look with your new career HF! You're doing what most of us secretly dream of...

11. Cary Grant

Cary Grant Senior member

Escape from...

WOOT!

You circle the globe?

12. niidawg3

niidawg3 Senior member

Great to hear HF. Cant wait for the day i'll be typing the same words!!

Hope my boss is not on SF [​IMG] [​IMG]

13. ld111134

ld111134 Senior member

Thanks guys. This jacket actually needed a small reweave last year after it got snagged on a door, but the repair job was fortunately pretty good (not perfect, since it's a rather complex weave/pattern, but good enough, esp. from a normal viewing distance).

I had the same thing happen to my new Attolini navy pinstripe suit the very first time I wore it.[​IMG] I discovered a small tear in the left sleeve when I hung it up for the evening after drinks with a couple of SFers.

Fortunately, the reweavers here in Chicago did a great job - you can still notice a small square close up but, as with your repair job, it looks great from a normal viewing distance.

14. Holdfast

Holdfast Senior member

Good look with your new career HF! You're doing what most of us secretly dream of...
    Great to hear HF. Cant wait for the day i'll be typing the same words!

Thanks guys; the good wishes are appreciated! It's something I've been slowly working towards for a few years, and all the stars are now finally aligned enough to take the plunge. [​IMG]

You laugh now. Just wait until you get into work tomorrow... [​IMG]

I had the same thing happen to my new Attolini navy pinstripe suit the very first time I wore it.[​IMG] I discovered a small tear in the left sleeve when I hung it up for the evening after drinks with a couple of SFers.

Fortunately, the reweavers here in Chicago did a great job - you can still notice a small square close up but, as with your repair job, it looks great from a normal viewing distance.

My tear didn't happen until about the second or third wear... it's always the way, isn't it? Never happens with an old jacket...

15. MrDaniels

MrDaniels Senior member

I was locked away in a 12 hour mediation yesterday, so no chance to DL and post my glamour shots until today. LOL.

Yesterday was Polo suit, Zegna shirt, vintage Daks tie (with cool Daks logo woven into the tie) and vintage Wright Cordwainer shoes.

[​IMG]

I see your trick...wear bold Herringbone to the mediation to distract opposing counsel...nice!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.