1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LabelKing, Jan 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kitonbrioni

kitonbrioni Senior member

Kiton shearling bomber
    LP shirt
    MB pant
    Prada belt
    Pantherella socks
    Kiton monkstraps
    JS cologne
    Piaget watch

2. artoftime

artoftime Senior member

Great look overall - those shoes are screaming for some burg/cordovan cream!

[​IMG][/quote]

3. luftvier

luftvier Senior member

Raining today. Another BB sack. Rooster tie. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Yes.

Agree, but you could still do better. If your face isn't wide as a pancake, your bodyshape prob would benefit from a wider spread. Also, a higher front would look better imo.

sigh ... i hope the sun eventually shines wherever you are ...

Thanks... and I agree Nii.

Much. I also think that a slightly wider spread and taller front would look good on you.

+1 Listen to the wise Mr. Sander.

[​IMG]

I doubt we can judge this without seeing the full head shot. Higher front I see (less of a triangle leading to the Adam's apple), but the spread looks fine. I like the way the collar points are the inverse of the lapels.

Looking good, Spoo.

Thanks for the advice guys - but I agree, this spread is much better than my older shirts. Got a few more I will test drive this week.

Awesome. Im digging your style, man.

Bow tie: Carrot & Gibbs

This is great!

Tie, compliments of Spoo. [​IMG]

Nice man. I knew you would make that work.

Critiques welcomed!

Much better than the other 2 or 3 looks - pants fit is better, and a nice navy tie would finish this perfectly.

Nice color selection, but I think the belt and shoes are 2 shades too light for the fit. Something a bit darker could have been better, IMO.

Spoo: personally I can't see anything amiss. Love that SC, as always.

[​IMG]

SpooPoker - I like the new collars! I'm a big fan of that sports coat also!

Thanks Mr.C!

Ready for another monday at the office.

You have the best socks.

today

I love this suit and that tie is spectacular - although for some reason its coming off all a bit too light to my eyes. Maybe swap the pink for a different shirt? I cant place it, but maybe switch one piece out. Thats just my first impression though.. let me look again after my Jack Daniels. [​IMG]

shield your eyes from this burst of colour...

I like your good nature, and your lack of fear from color! :thumbsup:

5. gorgekko

gorgekko Senior member

Cold as a witches' tits Monday ...
    [​IMG]

I always enjoy seeing what you're wearing.

6. DocHolliday

DocHolliday Senior member Dubiously Honored

Plain today, and lately ...

[​IMG]

Shirt is in shadow ... The blue's not as dark as it looks there.

[​IMG]

Wrong date! No wonder I'm always behind.

[​IMG]

Sedate navy socks to boot.

7. ZON_JR

ZON_JR Senior member

Thanks... and I agree Nii. [​IMG] Thanks for the advice guys - but I agree, this spread is much better than my older shirts. Got a few more I will test drive this week. Awesome. Im digging your style, man. This is great! Nice man. I knew you would make that work. Much better than the other 2 or 3 looks - pants fit is better, and a nice navy tie would finish this perfectly. Nice color selection, but I think the belt and shoes are 2 shades too light for the fit. Something a bit darker could have been better, IMO. [​IMG] Thanks Mr.C! You have the best socks. I love this suit and that tie is spectacular - although for some reason its coming off all a bit too light to my eyes. Maybe swap the pink for a different shirt? I cant place it, but maybe switch one piece out. Thats just my first impression though.. let me look again after my Jack Daniels. [​IMG] I like your good nature, and your lack of fear from color! :thumbsup:
    When did this obnoxious custom of kissing the ass of every goddamn poster start? It's beginning to look a lot like Andy's, everywhere I go...

8. UrbanComposition

UrbanComposition Senior member

When did this obnoxious custom of kissing the ass of every goddamn poster start? It's beginning to look a lot like Andy's, everywhere I go...
    Last edited by ZON_JR : Today at 07:11 PM. Reason: added obscenity [​IMG] sigged

9. bleachboy

bleachboy Senior member

I always look forward to these posts from ZON_JR! So insightful but with a whimsical touch that keeps me coming back for more! I especially enjoyed the addition of obscenities and the clever allusion to holiday music! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. luftvier

luftvier Senior member

Plain today, and lately ... [​IMG]
    That is a dammed nice jacket.
    @ZON_JR - great post! Please continue your high quality contributions! Members like you make this forum a better place!

11. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Huh? Since you quoted my post, I really have to tell you that you are rather wrong, and nobodys ass was kissed. If you really read it, its equal parts criticism, and compliments. This is usually what happens in a thread where people put pictures on the internet for advice. Case you didnt know. kthxbai [​IMG]

12. swaggerisaliability

swaggerisaliability Senior member

Me & Moo were channelling the same vibe: here's yesterday's anniversary wake-up-late-eat-brunch-&-go-back-to-bed fit:

[​IMG]

Gorgeous duffel. Info? Burberry?

13. TRINI

TRINI Senior member

[​IMG]

Looks good, doc.

PRL?

14. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Senior member

Looks good, doc.

PRL?

+1 and I think so. I might have the same jacket.

15. DocHolliday

DocHolliday Senior member Dubiously Honored

Good eye, gents. (Ho ho.) It's PRL.

16. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Senior member

Moo - i think that quote is a size too big. dont know where you kop'd, but maybe a size down if possible, will fit better.

I am a fan of duffel coats. Your coat looks like a perfect solution to a fierce winter day. I have never heard of Invertere. A Google/ forum search is in order. As always, there is so much to learn. Thanks for sharing this post.

Thank you guys. Nii - I think I will have it taken in a smidge. The shoulder, IMO, are right on but the midsection is a little big. Then again, I only had a shirt on in that photo and not another jacket, so I will try it with that first.

I also have a size larger one just like mine for sale in the B&S forum. [​IMG]

17. fritzl

fritzl Senior member

[​IMG]

...in jest, mate

"we" know each other from the german speaking part of the world... [​IMG] [​IMG]

18. Butler

Butler Senior member

[Nice trousers. Enjoy your walk.[/quote]

[ Everything else looks good, but the knot really throws it off.[/quote]

I like this very much, Butler. Can't say I'd attempt the moors in suede John Lobb shoes, mind.

The ensemble of colors and fit is outstanding. Especially, I like the trousers. However, I am just as intrigued by the legs on the table behind you.

[​IMG][/url]

While the table legs are certainly unique..I want to know about the chandelier behind Butler!! COOL!! How do I get one of these?? [​IMG]

Well, this is the private part of the place and some rooms are decorated with original Danish (albeit affluent) peasant stuff, this is the kind of antiques my grandfather collected and which is almost impossible to find to-day.

T

Butler, wld you do a walking tour video of 'home' and post to Youtube, with a link here? We want to honor your 'pad'. Inquiring minds want to know. :)

Thanks for your interest, but I doubt my security people will take kindly to the idea!

very nice ... way to rock the green trou ...

...[/quote]

Thank you.

- B

Classic. And, I am jealous. I wish I was walking on the moor!!

i.

Mike

Moo: I really like the color on the jacket, nice find.
    Butler: Very classy. I especially like the moleskin trousers. I have a pair myself that I haven't worn in ages - thanks for the inspiration.

Very good. The jacket is especially fine.

Thanks very much gentlemen![​IMG]

19. sartorialjump

sartorialjump Member

[​IMG]

Shirt is in shadow ... The blue's not as dark as it looks there.

[​IMG]

Wrong date! No wonder I'm always behind.

[​IMG]

Sedate navy socks to boot.

I really really like the colors on these!
    Who made the shoes?

S

20. NOBD

NOBD Senior member

That is a dammed nice jacket.

Which shows that all patch is not the only way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.