Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

HOF: Member pictures

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by vero_group, Jul 2, 2003.

1. romafan

romafan Senior member

Ahmet Ertegun? [​IMG]

Wrote it, yeah. I'm not sure he ever sang it [​IMG]

Ray Charles' version is what most people are familiar w/ (see 'Trains, Planes & Automobiles'), I think, but many others (e.g. Dr. John, Chubby Checker) have covered it....

2. Aaron

Aaron Senior member

Wrote it, yeah. I'm not sure he ever sang it [​IMG]

Ray Charles' version is what most people are familiar w/ (see 'Trains, Planes & Automobiles'), I think, but many others (e.g. Dr. John, Chubby Checker) have covered it....

I always thought Charles wrote it.

A.

3. lakewolf

lakewolf Senior member

Me this morn [​IMG]

[​IMG]

excuse the mess around me [​IMG]

Ciao Claudio...

I feel better now when I see the mess around my own desk [​IMG]

4. Kent Wang

Kent Wang Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

[​IMG]

5. Claudio

Claudio Well-Known Member

Ciao Claudio...

I feel better now when I see the mess around my own desk [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

6. My View2

My View2 Well-Known Member

7. Nantucket Red

Nantucket Red "Mr. Fashionista"

Here's me

Nice suit. I have a Polo almost identical but lighter.

Is your watch a Reverso?

8. Lucky Strike

Lucky Strike Senior member

Summing up the weekend: Opening of the national annual art salon Friday night. Wore the tweed suit from this thread http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=19509 (will post a better photo in that thread when I get around to having some better photos taken): [​IMG] Suit described, John Smedley turtleneck and Barker cap-toes in black. Then picnic in the park with gf on Saturday afternoon, after a deservedly steep morning: [​IMG] Nudie RRDS, T-shirt from my favourite bar at university, and Salvation Army sport jacket in a discreet tartan pattern...American Optical sunglasses. Today, was walking around town in what may be the last weekend of really nice early autumn weather here, watching some balloon race or festival (do they actually race them? Looks good fun.) Had mediocre brunch outside, read a stack of newspapers. [​IMG] [​IMG] Shoes, cufflinks and watch appropriated from my dad, T&A mini-houndstooth red and white shirt (looks pink from a distance), and Valentino black sweater with red insides (is that what is called double-knit?). Old black Ray-Bans, I think it's an old skiing model called Cats, - they're something like a slimmed-down version of the Wayfarers. Vuarnet had an identical model.

9. j

j (stands for Jerk) Admin

Summing up the weekend: Opening of the national annual art salon Friday night. Wore the tweed suit from this thread http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=19509 (will post a better photo in that thread when I get around to having some better photos taken): [​IMG] Suit described, John Smedley turtleneck and Barker cap-toes in black. Then picnic in the park with gf on Saturday afternoon, after a deservedly steep morning: [​IMG] Nudie RRDS, T-shirt from my favourite bar at university, and Salvation Army sport jacket in a discreet tartan pattern...American Optical sunglasses. Today, was walking around town in what may be the last weekend of really nice early autumn weather here, watching some balloon race or festival (do they actually race them? Looks good fun.) Had mediocre brunch outside, read a stack of newspapers. [​IMG] [​IMG] Shoes, cufflinks and watch appropriated from my dad, T&A mini-houndstooth red and white shirt (looks pink from a distance), and Valentino black sweater with red insides (is that what is called double-knit?). Old black Ray-Bans, I think it's an old skiing model called Cats, - they're something like a slimmed-down version of the Wayfarers. Vuarnet had an identical model.
    You have just won this thread.

10. Lucky Strike

You have just won this thread.
    Um...thanks! Any prizes? [​IMG] (I'm absolutely willing to step down for Connemara's female bodyguards, though)

11. Kent Wang

Kent Wang Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

[​IMG] T&A mini-houndstooth red and white shirt (looks pink from a distance)
    Nice shirt! I've never seen anything like it.

12. Nantucket Red

Nantucket Red "Mr. Fashionista"

Summing up the weekend:

Opening of the national annual art salon Friday night. Wore the tweed suit from this thread http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=19509 (will post a better photo in that thread when I get around to having some better photos taken):

[​IMG]

Suit described, John Smedley turtleneck and Barker cap-toes in black.

Then picnic in the park with gf on Saturday afternoon, after a deservedly steep morning:

[​IMG]

Nudie RRDS, T-shirt from my favourite bar at university, and Salvation Army sport jacket in a discreet tartan pattern...American Optical sunglasses.

Today, was walking around town in what may be the last weekend of really nice early autumn weather here, watching some balloon race or festival (do they actually race them? Looks good fun.) Had mediocre brunch outside, read a stack of newspapers.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Shoes, cufflinks and watch appropriated from my dad, T&A mini-houndstooth red and white shirt (looks pink from a distance), and Valentino black sweater with red insides (is that what is called double-knit?). Old black Ray-Bans, I think it's an old skiing model called Cats, - they're something like a slimmed-down version of the Wayfarers. Vuarnet had an identical model.

Tough act to follow!

13. whoopee

whoopee Senior member

Lucky Strike,

Great style!

14. Dragon

Dragon Senior member

[​IMG]

WOW! very nice suit [​IMG]

Nice combo on the sweater, and the square matches very nicely. WOW!

15. Lucky Strike

Thank you all for kind words! [​IMG]