1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

HOF: Member pictures

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by vero_group, Jul 2, 2003.

1. odoreater

odoreater Senior member

Out of curiosity, do all of these girls know that you are posting pictures of them all over a public forum on the internet?

2. Connemara

Connemara Senior member

Out of curiosity, do all of these girls know that you are posting pictures of them all over a public forum on the internet?

Nope, but these images were posted on MySpace and Facebook to begin with. They obviously don't have a problem with their images being on the internet.

3. odoreater

odoreater Senior member

They obviously don't have a problem with their images being on the internet.

Ok. Personally, as a lawyer, I wouldn't be so sure of myself, but you're you and I'm me.

4. Patrick Bateman

Patrick Bateman Senior member

Nope, but these images were posted on MySpace and Facebook to begin with. They obviously don't have a problem with their images being on the internet.

Whose MySpace/Facebook - yours or theirs?

5. Connemara

Connemara Senior member

Whose MySpace/Facebook - yours or theirs?

Technically both, I guess. The pictures were posted on my MySpace wall, and appear in the "My Pictures" category on Facebook.

6. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

That you don't mind spilling beer on these clothes says it all.
    Just don't do a Josepidal.

7. Jovan

Jovan Senior member

Two weeks ago at school semi formal (Holdfast shout out pose) Jos A Banks 3pc suit Navy Check Soft white My Suit Shop shirt with cutaway collar BCBG Iridescent Paisley tie Pink Pocket Square Pink BB socks AE Byrons Chili [​IMG]
    I approve. [​IMG]

8. jml90

jml90 Senior member

I approve. [​IMG]
    Thanks! [​IMG]

9. whnay.

whnay. Senior member Dubiously Honored

Ok. Personally, as a lawyer, I wouldn't be so sure of myself, but you're you and I'm me.
    Fuckin' lawyers

10. odoreater

odoreater Senior member

Fuckin' lawyers

Indeed.

11. Bradford

Bradford Senior member

First try at wearing the Styleforum tie... to a few Christmas parties last night...

[​IMG]

Austin Reed two-button grey suit, Nordstroms shirt w/french cuffs that slipped up and AE Park Avenues that you can't see. Forgot to wear a pocket square and the photog kind of caught me by surprise. [​IMG]

12. HelloMrFancyPants

HelloMrFancyPants Active Member

Happy birthday from the southermost State!

(The flower is a little big for the lapel, I find smaller ones ironically enough make the best impact.)

Sorry, but that's Hawaii.

13. Jovan

Jovan Senior member

Sorry, but that was ages ago I said that. And someone corrected me way before you did. Welcome to the forums anyhow. [​IMG] I need an opinion... do narrow lapels look good on me? I offer a picture for the sake of the thread and the question. [​IMG] Do note that I have longer hair now if it makes any difference. The lapel is about 2.75" wide.

14. scarmebb

scarmebb Member

Sorry, but that was ages ago I said that. And someone corrected me way before you did. Welcome to the forums anyhow. [​IMG] I need an opinion... do narrow lapels look good on me? I offer a picture for the sake of the thread and the question. [​IMG] Do note that I have longer hair now if it makes any difference. The lapel is about 2.75" wide.
    You look ridiculous. Sorry.

15. Jovan

Jovan Senior member

You lack intelligence. Sorry.

If you'd told me in a nice way why I look "ridiculous" and what I could do to improve, you'd get a much better first impression.

16. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

Jovan, I think the lapels are fine as part of a casual outfit with a t-shirt like the one you're wearing (although the t-shirt and tailored jacket thing is not one I pesonally do). Can't say, though, how they would look with a dress shirt and/or tie - in that context, the lapels could possibly look a little too overtly mod-ish.

17. Patrick Bateman

Patrick Bateman Senior member

Jovan, I like your Baron boutique suit better.

18. Jovan

Jovan Senior member

Thanks for the thoughts, LD. I kind of like the narrower lapels like Get Smart favours. I'll see if I can get a picture of me in that jacket with shirt and tie (not to mention with longer hair and goatee like I have now). Pat: It's not a suit, it's a navy casual jacket and indigo jeans. [​IMG]

19. MrDaniels

MrDaniels Senior member

Sorry, but that was ages ago I said that. And someone corrected me way before you did. Welcome to the forums anyhow. [​IMG]

I need an opinion... do narrow lapels look good on me? I offer a picture for the sake of the thread and the question.

[​IMG]

Do note that I have longer hair now if it makes any difference. The lapel is about 2.75" wide.

Jovan-

It would be easier to ascertain if you were wearing a collared shirt and tie so we could see them in relation to the lapels. There also isn't a lot of contrast in the shot, so it's hard to see where the lapels begin and end.

20. scarmebb

scarmebb Member

You lack intelligence. Sorry. If you'd told me in a nice way why I look "ridiculous" and what I could do to improve, you'd get a much better first impression.
    How would you know that I lack intelligence. You have absolutly no insight into my capacities.

You asked how you looked, and I told you what I thought. You are wearing a jacket that doesn't fit well with a mushroom shirt and standing in a dingy little bathroom with an ugly toilet paper holder and a towl rack that is obviously broken. Perhaps my explanation has helped you out.