HOF: Member pictures

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by vero_group, Jul 2, 2003.

1. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

I've gotten close with a few, but alas...[​IMG]

keep trying my son. esp with the one in that first pic (pink top) [​IMG]

2. Lucky Strike

Lucky Strike Senior member

The top of the three photos recently posted by Connemara could give any guy over 30 a real Lester Burnham moment.
    "This will be the high point of my day; it's all downhill from here." ?

3. itsstillmatt

itsstillmatt The Liberator Dubiously Honored

keep trying my son. esp with the one in that first pic (pink top) [​IMG]
    Seconded. Once you go out into the real world, you do not see girls that look like that any more. Some are better, some are worse, but that look belongs to high school girls and college freshman. Enjoy them while they last.

4. Bradford

Bradford Current Events Moderator

Lauren and I (back row on left) at an Arizona Republican Party dinner featuring Mass. Gov. Mitt Romney two weeks ago.

Blue Joseph Abboud suit, white Nordstrom french-cuff shirt, light blue Brooks Brothers tie. Lauren is the good looking blonde next to me.

[​IMG]

5. Oliver

Oliver Member

Here I am with my favorite accessory: Facial hair....

[​IMG]

6. Jovan

Jovan Banned for Good

7. Connemara

Connemara [URL='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jST2Sv63WQ']

Taken last Friday (6/23) at my high school graduation party. There are a lot of patterns and colors, but hey...you're only young once. I'm sporting: Brooks Bros. green linen houndstooth sportcoat, 2B SV RLPL blue check FC spread collar shirt Nicky blue tie with silver dots Silver Celtic knot cufflinks Jos. A Bank (!) orange with blue paisley silk pocket square (barely visible) RL Polo cream silk/linen trousers C&J Whitehalls in antique tan [​IMG] Here's a shot of the trousers. Think I look frazzled? Try sitting for 3 and a half hours straight with a polyester gown and mortarboard cap on your head. It was torture![​IMG] [​IMG]

8. jml90

jml90 Senior member

Taken last Friday (6/23) at my high school graduation party. There are a lot of patterns and colors, but hey...you're only young once. I'm sporting:

Brooks Bros. green linen houndstooth sportcoat, 2B SV
    RLPL blue check FC spread collar shirt
    Nicky blue tie with silver dots
    Silver Celtic knot cufflinks
    Jos. A Bank (!) orange with blue paisley silk pocket square (barely visible)
    RL Polo cream silk/linen trousers
    C&J Whitehalls in antique tan
    http://img419.imageshack.us/img419/2193/img053316gl.jpg

Here's a shot of the trousers. Think I look frazzled? Try sitting for 3 and a half hours straight with a polyester gown and mortarboard cap on your head. It was torture![​IMG]
    http://img366.imageshack.us/img366/9148/img053118kx.jpg

Thought you were going to wear a club collar?

9. Connemara

Thought you were going to wear a club collar?

That was the plan---club collar with a madras tie. Sadly, the Brooks shirt didn't arrive in time so I was forced into my backup ensemble.

10. Hanseat

Hanseat Senior member

Nice outfit, great pants with forward pleat in the perfect color. I remember sitting outside in the heat in the polyester gown in PA humidity... It was torture as well. At least we wore red and not black...

I'll put my graduation picture up on friday (ceremony is thursday evening but I won't come back until late). Plan is a navy DB; white FC cutaway collar shirt, light green tie and light blue PS with white edges; brown Audley's. On friday we have the ball: 4x2 DJ, white PS, red carnation and pretty girl in my arm (lots of guys celebrating our victory over Argentina, so we'll all be in a great mood- until we have to interrupt dancing to see the other quarter-final and listen to the girls complaining... One champagne and they'll be quiet for 15 mins.)

Congratulation, btw. What's the plan now? Going right to college or take some time off in between?

Seems that all of us well-dressed guys are heading for law-school so we get the chance to purchase and wear nice outfits daily ;-) Not that we'd be interested in it otherwise.

11. Connemara

I'll put mine up on friday. Plan is a navy DB; white FC cutaway collar shirt, light green tie and light blue PS with white edges; brown Audley's.

Congratulation, btw. What's the plan now? Going right to college or take some time off in between?

Thanks for the congrats. Nope, right off to college...I may try and transfer to NYU after a few semesters, and from there, I think I'll attend law school. Of course my plans are not set in stone, and that could easily change.

Good luck to you on Friday!

12. raley

raley Senior member

Thanks for the congrats. Nope, right off to college...I may try and transfer to NYU after a few semesters, and from there, I think I'll attend law school. Of course my plans are not set in stone, and that could easily change.

Good luck to you on Friday!

You seem to be pretty skinny - what size are you in the RLPL? I can't get them to fit me that closely, although you may have a smaller neck than me.

13. AlanC

AlanC Minister of Trad

Taken last Friday (6/23) at my high school graduation party. There are a lot of patterns and colors, but hey...you're only young once. I'm sporting...
    What? No blondes?!

Lookin' sharp. I wasn't dressed nearly so well when I graduated back in the Reagan administration.

14. Connemara

You seem to be pretty skinny - what size are you in the RLPL? I can't get them to fit me that closely, although you may have a smaller neck than me.

I'm a 15-33 in RLPL. Only have two shirts by PL, but they both fit rather well.

15. Jovan

Jovan Banned for Good

You look handsome. Certainly better than I did in my black suit (whacking myself in the head for that one), red textured tie, and white shirt. I don't have any pictures for you guys to scrutinize over, but I still have the gown and can reproduce the look. Not that I'd like to. My graduation was indoors, thankfully.