HOF: Member pictures

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by vero_group, Jul 2, 2003.

1. tiger02

tiger02 Militarist

Here're two from today's Senior Luncheon and Awards Reception.

I'm a little wrinkley. Nonetheless, I have received more compliments today than I ever have before. Natty and Spiffy were both used at the reception and a woman stopped on the street to say "nice suit." How nice of them.

bob

Hence the smirk [​IMG]

2. rdawson808

rdawson808 Senior member

Hence the smirk [​IMG]

Hah, yeah. Actually I'm just trying to force myself to smile for the camera. I seem to frown alot when being photographed. Even when it's a self-portrait.

bob

3. chorse123

chorse123 Senior member

Your Haspel seersucker? Looks pretty good!

4. globetrotter

globetrotter Senior member

very nice. I wouldn't have thoght of that tie for seesucker, but it works very nicely.

5. AlanC

AlanC Minister of Trad

Bob, I think I'm going to pull my Haspel seersucker out Sunday for the first time. We're supposed to have a high near 90 degrees--it's time!

Oh, and lookin' sharp.

6. sho'nuff

sho'nuff grrrrrrrr!!

here my member picture,

not a look of pomposity, rather halfway into a blink.

[​IMG]

7. philosophe

philosophe Senior member

Hah, yeah. Actually I'm just trying to force myself to smile for the camera. I seem to frown alot when being photographed. Even when it's a self-portrait.

bob

Must be made worse by being at the office.

8. Connemara

Connemara [URL='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jST2Sv63WQ']

A photo from last Saturday's senior prom. The tux is a rental, and was the only one button peak lapel I could find. They didn't have a 36S, so I was forced to go with a 37S (thus the overly large shoulder). The sleeve length was pleasing, and the break on the trouser was near-perfect.

I had to mess with the light in the picture to properly outline the quarters on the jacket, so the quality is off. They fell nicely, but my arm was around her waist, which made the right quarter pull up a tad.

[​IMG]

9. Kent Wang

Kent Wang Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

here my member picture, not a look of pomposity, rather halfway into a blink.
    I am digging those frames.

10. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

You didn't explain to her that you needed proper drape in your prom photo for the most reliable depiction of fit in the eventual SF post? [​IMG]

Looks GREAT for a rental. Are the shoes your own? My monitor is awful, they look like patent...

11. Connemara

Connemara [URL='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jST2Sv63WQ']

Thanks for the compliment!

You didn't explain to her that you needed proper drape in your prom photo for the most reliable depiction of fit in the eventual SF post? [​IMG]

Call me crude, but I was too busy admiring her butt in that dress!

Looks GREAT for a rental. Are the shoes your own? My monitor is awful, they look like patent...

The shoes are rentals; the most conservative one I could find, a patent with a small split-toe. The fact that this was the most conservative shoe they had says a great deal about the state of menswear in the 21st century. The others were duckbilled monstrosities.

I really dislike black shoes, and the only pairs I have are a split-toe and a captoe brogue. One of these days I'll grab a plaintoe bal!

12. Hanseat

Hanseat Senior member

Man, you did great. Plus, why would you care about your own outfit if you could admire a nice butt in that dress (congrat, btw.). If I recall correctly from my prom americans tend to do what I consider 'sex with clothes on' (unlike us prudish europeans who tend to just stand around in groups on the dancefloor and do a little dancing or employ what we learned in dancing school- nothing beats teaching your girl a vienna waltz and being the only couple who can dance one though eith every other guy looking at you and hating your for it and the girls admiring you... you'll be busy afterwards because you're so sophisticated) on the dancefloor so I'm sure that it has been a pleasant evening.

Thumbs up!

Isn't it great that a bit of the quirk we all share actually helps in the real world...

13. sho'nuff

sho'nuff grrrrrrrr!!

I am digging those frames.
    thanks. it is an old pair of giorgio armani frames

14. Jovan

Jovan Banned for Good

I remember my rental last year at high school prom. The place I got it from had traditional plain toe shoes. Did you rent from After Hours or something, Connemara? I felt pretty confident in it (though the trousers were a bit wide for my tastes), but you all are just gonna love where I rented it from. [​IMG] [​IMG]

15. Hanseat

Hanseat Senior member

So, where did you rent it?

I'll look around for a picture of me from prom- I'll get a picture of me from the german prom online too (4X2 DB, black bow-tie and either a plain white or a nice red-gree-yellow paisley pocket square for added visual interest- though I'll have plenty of that in my arms) when it gets around.

----
    I'll post my american prom outfit later today- I promise. I went with full tails as well and basically just went along the line of 'sophisticated european' dancing ther american guys against the wall (sorry for that but it sure was fun [​IMG] ). Only guy doing that too, and got lots of nice compliments on it from the ladies. Guys in baby blue tuxedos are just nothing to take seriously.