HOF: Member pictures

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by vero_group, Jul 2, 2003.

1. A Harris

A Harris Senior member Dubiously Honored

Nah, I used to have that exact suit I think. The lapel shape and buttonholes are very distinctive. And the color of the buttons is another clue.

Nice picture LA Guy, congrats.

2. j

j (stands for Jerk) Admin

[​IMG] Ernest (right)?

3. j

BTW, anyone (computer geeks more likely) notice anything interesting about this thread? A cookie to the first to spot it...

4. MPS

MPS Senior member

My idea is that you don't need to wear a lab coat unless you're likely to get body fluids on your clothes. What sort of medicine do you practice?

5. MilanoStyle

MilanoStyle Senior member

fabolous fellas. But no one is posting a pictures with Attolini or Borrelli suit on?

Common .. show your stuff.

6. Tom

Tom Senior member

(Tom @ 25 Oct. 2004, 6:29) I may have good posture, but I need to lose one of my chins. [​IMG] Okay, I know I look dorky , but i need to figure out a better doc coat. These polyester things are horrible. Any ideas?
    My idea is that you don't need to wear a lab coat unless you're likely to get body fluids on your clothes. What sort of medicine do you practice?
    I don't practice medicine. I practice chiropractic. -Tom

7. BjornH

BjornH Senior member

He he - I see it. We have maxed out the views counter. It is only 16 bits long so the range of it is -32.768 to +32.768.

What type of cookie is it ?

B

8. j

An Internet cookie, of course... good job. Strange how I can have over a million posts but the thread view counter is only 16 bit.

9. BjornH

BjornH Senior member

Yes - they were stingy with the memory but I suppose the programmers reasoned that we could have zillions of topics with their associated counters but much fewer users. So splurging on a 32 bit counter for every user is not so expensive if the forum admin does 'garbage collection' once in a while but giving every topic the extra two bytes can cost much more. Still, with a million topics it will cost two million bytes or 2Mbytes, give or take. Peanuts . What they didn't factor in, was the interest of the world in how we are dressed [​IMG] B

10. j

No kidding; neither did I. It's lucky the database was able to be converted to SQL a while back (though not without some wrestling) because the original one was definitely not meant to scale to this level. It certainly would not have survived the NYT article. In fact, I may be upgrading the forum again soon, to the newest version of ikonboard. Perhaps a higher post read count is included in the new features...

11. enderz

enderz Active Member

change the sql field from a smallint to int and you'll be good until 2 billion.

12. discostu004

discostu004 Affiliate vendor Affiliate Vendor

Hey Stu, i was looking back and saw this quote. my wife is good buds w/ coach knight and we had a going away party for someone and i hear the door open and coach's wife comes thru, then Coach Knight strolls into our house. he gave a big shout-out to my wife's brownies that she makes for him every week. good times

13. Stu

Stu Senior member

The man has an insatiable sweet tooth. There are legions of stories throughout Indiana about his days on the recruiting trail, when he would sit in a farmhouse and rave over recruit's mamma's apple pie/homemade icecream, etc.

14. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

Ok, not an ace with ma's digital camera, or her weak editing software... [​IMG] [​IMG] With a timer, no less.

15. VMan

VMan Senior member

Shoreman - that's a tuff track jacket, love it.