• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: Member pictures

Alias

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fo' shizzles. It looks a lot better than Flusser's mug shot in the jacket of Dressing the Man.

banksmiranda

Reaction score
Flusser's hair looks pretty bad in both Style and the Man and Dressing the Man.

Brian SD

Reaction score
(Mike C. @ 13 Aug. 2004, 2:01) Ha, you look exactly like CTGuy.
Well, when I finally get a picture on here, you will be able to say I look exactly like CTGuy and Brian, because I'm pretty close. We could probably all be brothers or something. Mike, where's your picture, anyway? Brian, what Express jeans are they? I never tried on any when I went there because they feel thin and cheap for some reason, but if people find them to fit/wear okay, I'll try some out. Still looking for a cheap pair of thin, lighter jeans for hot days.
I hate most all express jeans except for the ones in the photo. I think they were only sold during Fall '03. They're called "Ragazzi" and are made in Italy, have some neat emroidery on the waistline, and are proving to be excellent durability. I think I paid $120 for them, and ti be honest I think that was a great deal. I REALLY love those jeans. They have a better seat profile than my Diesels and PDCs and that's saying a lot.

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks, JFK. Yah, ties are like that; favorites come and go. Someday I'll buy a Brioni tie... I disclaimed mine merely because I have no idea whose it is. It has no label at all, and it must be 50 yrs old or so, as I saved it when my Grandfather was moving and tossing stuff. A nice tie all the same. Funny how we acquire things.

Styleman: Thanks to you too -- btw, no longer have those glasses.

Regards,
Huntsman

norcaltransplant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
New members. Please update if you feel comfortable. Its nice to add a face to a screen name.

cheers
matt

cuffthis

Reaction score
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procser....0001610 Hometown: Wilmington, DE Age: 40 Most of the clothes in my closet are Ralph Lauren, Alan Flusser 2nd most popular label. Since most size 40R fit very well, haven't seen the need to go the bespoke route (yet). Most of my recent purchases have come from Ebay. Closet (currently) consists of 42 suits, 51 sport coats, way too many ties (many 7 fold) and pocket squares - gotta be several hundred of each, and over 2,000 pairs of antique double-sided and snap type cufflinks. My wife and I learned early on that having seperate closets is much cheaper than marital therapy.

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
This is way late- missed the original post cuz I was moving.

Thanks for the compliments on the picture. The goatee has been gone for a while now...

Suit: Belvest
Shirt: Zegna
Tie and Square: Robert Talbott

It's a publicity photo for my book tour. I used the old photo for the back of the book.

nightowl6261a

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
me12.gif
Well guys, this is the culprit continuing the Grenson fevor...now you have a face to go with the voice, well ort of...i am about 25 pounds lighter now than i was then

johnapril

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
jdjdjdjd

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
At the behest of THE FOXX, here is a shot of me in my Oxxford gray DB suit w/vest. Â (First attempt at posting a pic)
0DOBOS4-R1-052-24A.jpg
[edited to fix address - j.]

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And I did something wrong.
mad.gif

VMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And I did something wrong. Â Â
mad.gif
Working now for me. That is a gorgeous suit. And the fact that it's a candid picture just helps that. Many members here have posted 'posed' photos, where they can adjust every little detail before taking the picture. But with yours, its very natural, and just looks excellent because everything is in order.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I love that suit. Very Benny Goodman-esque.

I'm not sure how the image tags got tangled up but I fixed them, btw.

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
Great suit, tie, tie knot, and shirt...

faustian bargain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
you really are a clarinet player.
biggrin.gif
that's a good-looking outfit - LOVE that tie knot and the super-spread shirt collar.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics