1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

HOF: Member pictures

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by vero_group, Jul 2, 2003.

1. VMan

VMan Senior member

Is that you and naturlaut?

2. Thracozaag

Thracozaag Senior member

A fellow pianist (amazing) at Juilliard-Mei Ting Sun.

koji

3. Steve B.

Steve B. Senior member

Dude- that's no tea house. It's a Hello Kitty store. Indulging the g/f a bit?

4. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

no actually it's a tea house, many of the LA ones are in kinda a mall area have various things attached to it like retail stores, but that backdrop was the only place with decent lighting.

5. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

a few more pics... sorry the quality is not great on these pictures. Brioni SB navy with blue pinstripes, T&A shirt, Beene tie/pocket sq [​IMG] Oxxford SB charcoal blue shadowstripe, BR shirt, Versa 7 fold tie, Beene pocket sq [​IMG]

6. T4phage

T4phage Senior member

drizzt3117, the Brioni sleeve still looks a bit short, you are showing too much cuff. Can you ask your tailor to extend it, or the buttonholes have already been made?

7. j

j Senior member Admin

It looks to me more like that white shirt has really loose cuffs. They are falling down onto his hands. Am I right? Too loose for my taste anyway.

8. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

Yeah, the cuffs were a bit loose, I think I need to button them with all of the buttons, I don't think the sleeves are too short on that particular jacket, because with a normal shirt, it shows between 1/2" and 3/4" of cuff, while the Oxxford shows about 1/4" I understand the Saville Row standard is 3/4" so I figured it was OK.

9. newtrane

newtrane Senior member

drizzt3117: Very nice Brioni suit. The sleeves look ok to me.

10. ernest

ernest Senior member

Funny face.

11. ernest

ernest Senior member

What a difference between these 2 suits. First is much better at waist and shoulders I guess Nice ties but seems you matched tie/square on the first?

12. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

Yeah, it's the same square and almost the same color as that tie. It does match the light blue shade in the Versa tie as well. It's a difficult choice between these two suits, I like the Brioni shoulder better, but the Oxxford is nicely tailored IMO.

13. ernest

ernest Senior member

It seems that people think matching tie and square is not a good idea that why I was surprised to see that and wanted to confirm ths detail...

The first is 10 times better on you. I do not talk about construction but fit.

Look at your arm and shoulders.

On the second you look to have fat arms, narrow shoulders and no waist.

The first has nothing of this.

Forget the second is Oxxford, look only the fit, imagine it was a Boss fused suit, would you still say it looks great?

14. Bradford

Bradford Senior member

[​IMG] Thracozaag and Bradford Oct 13, 2003 Thracozaag was the guest of honor at a charitable fundraiser for the YMCA Board on which I serve. The location was the home of a local billionaires wife here in Paradise Valley. Quite the evening. I'm in a Hart Schaffner Marx suit with a Robert Talbott tie from Nordstrom's that I got for $2 at Phoenix Junior League Rummage Sale. I believe Thracozaag is in Kiton. OK - It's old, but I finally got a computer with a fast enough processor and a cable modem hookup so I can do the ImageShack thing. Bradford

15. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

My point is that there's a time and a place, the Oxxford does deemphasize my shoulders a bit and has a bit less waist supression, it's a different look, more of a boardroom look, a bit less intimidating than the Brioni.

I personally like matching tie and square sometimes, usually I will go with a color that is similar but not exactly the same. If you saw the square/tie in real life you would see they are not exactly the same color.

16. ernest

ernest Senior member

You matched your hair with the palmer, very nice idea....

17. Bradford

Bradford Senior member

OK - now I'm having fun - another one from last year. Myself, my wife and our son John at his christening. 4 months old then, 16 months now. [​IMG] The suit is a Jones New York that I got for $35 at a consignment store in Scottsdale and then had tailored for another $50. The shirt is a Polo Ralph Lauren that I got at the same consignment store for $5. I'm sure that Ernest or someone will tell me they look like they're worth what I paid  [​IMG] Bradford

18. Mike

Mike Senior member

Hey ernest, in the words of Clarice Starling in Silence Of The Lambs "Why don't you turn that high-powered perception at yourself and tell us what you see, or, maybe you're afraid to." Â [​IMG] Â [​IMG]

19. A Harris

A Harris Senior member Dubiously Honored

Lookin sharp guys. That suit screams Kiton, Thracozaag, are we right??

20. Thracozaag

Thracozaag Senior member

Bingo, good eye Mr. Harris.

koji