• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: Labels, heels and nail patterns - Secrets to ID the maker

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone recognize this one?
1634340998530.png

1634341021907.png

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I posted a Battalgia suit label earlier and was told it was Ravazollo. Here's another one but I think the tag is different. High end store in Beverly Hills that went out of business and their stuff is showing up at Ownly Luxury.

The suit in the link also has a tag that very closely resembles Ravazollo.

Compare it to this one:

Not exactly the same, but very close.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
From Beverly Hills to TheRealReal to eBay: A brands last gasp.
I think I have a log in for The RealReal but never look there. Is it worth checking out?

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think I have a log in for The RealReal but never look there. Is it worth checking out?
It depends what you’re looking for and more importantly how interested in gambling you are. There are gems to be found. TheRealReal is absolutely awful at pricing items - So bad to the point that I’ve repeatedly lost out on new listing to flippers who regularly buy product off there. I’ll see the items show up on the eBay accounts a couple weeks later. Which is fine, I get it, but is annoying as someone buying for personal.

I’d say I return maybe half or two-thirds of what I buy on there - If an item is marked down 40% from whatever TRR priced it at its final sale so those are the gambles - Otherwise returns are $10 prepaid shipping labels and you can put as many items in the box as you want. The returns are largely because measurements are just so inconsistent if you’re buying for personal use it can be a crapshoot so you’ve gotta go into it with that mindset.

That said I’ve found incredible deals. NWT Isaia jackets for $200 type stuff. The Battaglia stuff was mostly in the couple hundred bucks range. Current Zegna sport coats for like $60-150.

The moral of the story is it can be good as a buyer. I will never send anything to them to consign again though.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It depends what you’re looking for and more importantly how interested in gambling you are. There are gems to be found. TheRealReal is absolutely awful at pricing items - So bad to the point that I’ve repeatedly lost out on new listing to flippers who regularly buy product off there. I’ll see the items show up on the eBay accounts a couple weeks later. Which is fine, I get it, but is annoying as someone buying for personal.

I’d say I return maybe half or two-thirds of what I buy on there - If an item is marked down 40% from whatever TRR priced it at its final sale so those are the gambles - Otherwise returns are $10 prepaid shipping labels and you can put as many items in the box as you want. The returns are largely because measurements are just so inconsistent if you’re buying for personal use it can be a crapshoot so you’ve gotta go into it with that mindset.

That said I’ve found incredible deals. NWT Isaia jackets for $200 type stuff. The Battaglia stuff was mostly in the couple hundred bucks range. Current Zegna sport coats for like $60-150.

The moral of the story is it can be good as a buyer. I will never send anything to them to consign again though.
Kind of what I suspected. I think whoever runs Ownly Luxury grabs stuff there. Pretty smart actually. I don’t need much anymore but I do take notice when interesting NWT stuff goes by.

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kind of what I suspected. I think whoever runs Ownly Luxury grabs stuff there. Pretty smart actually. I don’t need much anymore but I do take notice when interesting NWT stuff goes by.
Yep - There are a few resellers not just him. I think he’s a forum guy. No Ill will just wish I were quicker on the trigger finger from time to time. New EG and Gaziano actually show up surprisingly often as well. Sub-$500 or so.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep - There are a few resellers not just him. I think he’s a forum guy. No Ill will just wish I were quicker on the trigger finger from time to time. New EG and Gaziano actually show up surprisingly often as well. Sub-$500 or so.
Ownly Luxury is an affiliate vendor here.

dreamspace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I posted a Battalgia suit label earlier and was told it was Ravazollo. Here's another one but I think the tag is different. High end store in Beverly Hills that went out of business and their stuff is showing up at Ownly Luxury.

I'm 99% sure it's Ravazzolo. I have two recent-ish Ravazzolo MTM suits, both which I could swear have the exact same tags. Unfortunately I'm out of town 'til Sunday, so I can't verify it for sure. Where the tag says "Mr." is where the clients name would go.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm 99% sure it's Ravazzolo. I have two recent-ish Ravazzolo MTM suits, both which I could swear have the exact same tags. Unfortunately I'm out of town 'til Sunday, so I can't verify it for sure. Where the tag says "Mr." is where the clients name would go.
No worries. It was a a Battaglia from Beverly Hills and I think they were all Ravazollo. Never actually seen one in the wild!

kfromsydney

Reaction score
Anyone can identify who actually made the boots? Bowhill and Elliott actually made them?
I have seen the letters and numbers on other maker's dress shoes but not really sure who.

Attachments

• IMG_20211030_161829.jpg
    IMG_20211030_161829.jpg
    186.8 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_20211031_155558.jpg
    IMG_20211031_155558.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_20211107_094540.jpg
    IMG_20211107_094540.jpg
    163 KB · Views: 38

Lucan

Reaction score
Could someone confirm if these are (as I hope!) Edward Green for RLPL. I'm hoping the italic script with the "Made in England" means they are. Also would these actually be a UK 12, or a US 12 (UK 11). Just a bit put off by the E width.
Thank you

IMG_5884.JPG
IMG_5890.JPG

IMG_5891.JPG
IMG_5892.JPG

IMG_5893.JPG

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads