• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: Labels, heels and nail patterns - Secrets to ID the maker

Giannis

Reaction score
just bought this Lanvin black suit. Can anyone recognize the maker? thank you in advance
FullSizeRender-2.jpeg

monkey66

Reaction score
A bit too hastily I put in a bid on some Dunhill suit on Ebay - afterwards I noticed some sketchy looking details, which reminded me a bit too much off counterfeit items.

I requested more pictures, and got the following of the label. Clearly it's made in China, and thus not Zegna-made mainline Dunhill.

I'm thinking maybe store uniform, or something similar? Some of the fashion brands have lower-quality clothes made for uniform use, often made in China / Mexico / etc.

I don't think it's fake, as the fake labels I've seen don't look anything like that - and from what I can see, the lapel hole looks a bit decent (see top right area of the last picture)

View attachment 1454656
View attachment 1454658
View attachment 1454659
View attachment 1454660
View attachment 1454664
View attachment 1454665
View attachment 1454666
Looks good and bad all at the same time. The labels and lining look a lot like Dunhill but the cut does not.

Either a focused fake or perhaps outlet stock or Asian Market options? Either way I would pass.

Kerloaz

Reaction score
Does anyone recognize this tag from a recent Cifonelli RTW?

usTP1WP.jpg
In the last decade, Cifonelli RTW was usually made by S.Partenopea. Since a couple of years, by Edesim. The tags are similar but not the same. But we can see it was made for the US market, so... maybe a specific tag.

Profetatus

Reaction score
Hello gents, I was wondering who was the maker of this Guy Laroche suit and if anyone knows if Guy Laroche suits are canvassed

Attachments

• Capture d’écran, le 2020-11-18 à 22.04.13.png
    Capture d’écran, le 2020-11-18 à 22.04.13.png
    254.6 KB · Views: 117

Lucan

Reaction score
I have tried searching but struggled. Can anyone help identify that maker for these Gordon Scotts, last 79 EX?

9.jpg

Lucan

Reaction score
Any chance of some help with another one? New and Lingwood this time.

TBA.jpg

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Trying to figure out who makes Mauro Blasi. Looking at a sport coat and am curious.

D231320B-65ED-4241-BCE0-7BDAB8179692.jpeg

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
isn’t that a Stile Latino tag? That is, after they stopped using the Attolini tag.
No idea. I read on another thread that Blasi is the family behind Sartoria Partenopea.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
isn’t that a Stile Latino tag? That is, after they stopped using the Attolini tag.
All the Stile Latino tags I could find look like this:

1609701814022.png

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yeah that’sthe Attolini tag.

I could have sworn I saw your tag on more recent items.
Been casually looking around. topshelfapparel and Mitchell's both carry Blasi. All the tags are the same. Was curious as that price point indicates a big maker. If they made in-house then SF would likely have picked up on it already.

I posted in the MC General Chat thread as well.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads