• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: Labels, heels and nail patterns - Secrets to ID the maker

francoamerican

Reaction score
This looks like an orphaned suit coat, but it looks good to me?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ralph-Laure...SA_MC_Blazers_Sport_Coats&hash=item3f215b7905

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

^ its definitely an orphan, when it says "trouser lining composition" on the jacket. :teach:

Hey, Im drawing a blank on these Thom Brownes. Trickers?

Also, these BBBF are alden?

Sorry for the questions my head is spaced this week.

Ich_Dien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
TB is Trickers - yes, mate. Have seen them myself in the factory.

Last edited:

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yes, Alden

You will typically see this stamp on the insole near the ball of the foot.

[
SPOILER=Warning: Spoiler!]
%24(KGrHqV,!n8FBZLj+CY5BQeyynmjrQ~~60_57.JPG
The Alden, for Alden will say "Alden" with the stamp, the BB will be sans ""Alden"[/SPOILER]

Is Alden the only one to use this stamp? Because I've seen it a couple of times, with all other indicators worn off or inconclusive, and was thinking Alden but doubting myself.

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Is Alden the only one to use this stamp? Because I've seen it a couple of times, with all other indicators worn off or inconclusive, and was thinking Alden but doubting myself.
There are many that use a "leather hide" stamp similar to this, but Alden has a specific type face which they use, possible arial font. Also they typically use the same shape of foot bed cushioning under the foot bed lining. Often the foot bed lining are cut in the same shape as well.

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

There are many that use a "leather hide" stamp similar to this, but Alden has a specific type face which they use, possible arial font. Also they typically use the same shape of foot bed cushioning under the foot bed lining. Often the foot bed lining are cut in the same shape as well.

Thanks. But is the heel pad thing in the Brooks Brothers shoes, too?

caseyfud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got this tie at Marshalls tonight. 100% silk knit, made in Italy, but no maker tag. I don't even know if it's a good maker, but it's wearable so I picked it up. 2.5" width.

Last edited:

ATLjon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cheaney?

What about these old Johnson Murphy opera pumps?

alexSF

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

^ its definitely an orphan, when it says "trouser lining composition" on the jacket. :teach:

Hey, Im drawing a blank on these Thom Brownes. Trickers?

They could be made by Sanders, how old are they?

As far as I know TB shoes made by Tricker's have always the "Made in England" stamp on the sole.
Actual TB shoes are all made by Sanders and incredibly sold at same price of old Tricker's with huge mark-up.

You can see an example of the same heel pattern and sole (without made in england stamp) here:
http://www.ebay.it/itm/English-made...Shoes&hash=item41700b5e75&_uhb=1#ht_500wt_969

Last edited:

alexSF

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone knows what Ralph Lauren Line is this from?

ralph.jpg

Purple Label?

Thanks

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads