1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

HOF: Labels, heels and nail patterns - Secrets to ID the maker

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by gdl203, Nov 10, 2006.

Tags:
  1. gumercindo

gumercindo Senior member

2. leon12

leon12 Senior member

I think Lardini IIRC..

Current ebay offering of a Ferragamo sportscoat from ed himself. Any ideas who makes this?

3. rach2jlc

rach2jlc Senior member Dubiously Honored

^I agree. I have a few Lardini suits, jackets, etc. and the inner tags are the same.

4. max232

max232 Member

Nice thread indeed..

5. petitnoblesse

petitnoblesse Senior member

This is from a pretty inexpensive Loro Piana suit, any ideas who made this?

[​IMG]

6. AnGeLiCbOrIs

AnGeLiCbOrIs Senior member

Canali for Dior Boutique
    [​IMG]

7. A Harris

A Harris Senior member Dubiously Honored

^^My earlier posts muddied this issue I'm afraid. I've seen that exact label in both Canali and Corneliani coats. So either they've taken to using the same labels (something I've never seen before, ever) or there is some sort of association between the two.

8. EL72

EL72 Senior member

^^My earlier posts muddied this issue I'm afraid. I've seen that exact label in both Canali and Corneliani coats. So either they've taken to using the same labels (something I've never seen before, ever) or there is some sort of association between the two.

That's definitely a Canali Label. I don't have pics of the Corneliani label handy but I have several of their coats and suits and the labels are different; there is no association AFAIK.

9. gdl203

gdl203 Senior member Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

That's definitely a Canali Label. I don't have pics of the Corneliani label handy but I have several of their coats and suits and the labels are different; there is no association AFAIK.

There is a pic of a Cornaliani label at the top of this thread - unfortunately along with two pics of Ma.Co. labels wrongly identified as Corneliani. The SF editing rule is a shame as the OP should be constantly updated and corrected but I cannot do so.

10. texas_jack

texas_jack Senior member

I saw a raw silk Canali jacket today with the Canterelli manufacturer tag. It was fused.

11. EL72

EL72 Senior member

There is always a possibility that some of these manufacturers use the same label maker (I doubt they print their own labels) and end up with similar looking labels. I looked for a pic of a Corneliani label but couldn't find one. Here is a Corneliani for RLBL:
    [​IMG]

Here is a Zegna label:
    [​IMG]

Borrelli:
    [​IMG]

Samuelsohn:
    [​IMG]

12. AnGeLiCbOrIs

Isaia for Valentino Tailoring: [​IMG] Corneliani for RL Polo (again): [​IMG] Mysterious fully canvassed Italian suit from Burlington. Excellent Cerruti 1881 fabric and great cut. Does anyone recognize the tag? [​IMG] Really, really crappy suit for "Oliver" by another mysterious manufacturer. I have no idea who made this but I'm posting the tag in order to let you guys know to avoid the manufacturer. The decent Canonico fabric does not nearly make up for the suit's construction. [​IMG]

13. A Harris

A Harris Senior member Dubiously Honored

There is always a possibility that some of these manufacturers use the same label maker (I doubt they print their own labels) and end up with similar looking labels.

Definitely possible but I've never seen it happen before, their have never been more than slight resemblences. The current Canali and Corneliani labels on the other hand are extremely similar, almost exact.

14. AnGeLiCbOrIs

Vestimenta for Vestimenta? [​IMG] [​IMG]

15. stickonatree

stickonatree Senior member

ralph lauren 2008 black label. can anyone confirm the maker? from the first page it seemed like it fits the zegna for dunhill pic, but searching this forum tells me that it's by caruso...???

[​IMG]

16. EL72

EL72 Senior member

^^ Yes, it's made by Caruso.

17. antirabbit

antirabbit Senior member

100% Sweet Caruso, the Sartoria de Parma level at that.
    BAD ASS.

18. unpainted huffheinz

unpainted huffheinz Senior member

Definitely possible but I've never seen it happen before, their have never been more than slight resemblences. The current Canali and Corneliani labels on the other hand are extremely similar, almost exact.

They perhaps use the same piece of software to make the labels.

19. TheFusilliJerry

TheFusilliJerry Senior member

who ordinarily makes Black label?

20. gdl203

gdl203 Senior member Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

who ordinarily makes Black label?

Caruso aka MaCo