HOF: Labels, heels and nail patterns - Secrets to ID the maker

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by gdl203, Nov 10, 2006.

Tags:
  1. horse's_ass

horse's_ass Senior member

I have a Zanella-tagged jacket with this label style. An older post in this thread speculated that it was either an older Isaia or older Lubiam. Does anyone have any more info (I've seen this label style posted several times in the thread, no conclusive answers)? If it is indeed an Isaia or Lubiam, can anyone specify which?

2. quuz

quuz Senior member

Can anyone id who the maker of this suit is? The suit is from Rose & Born and made in italy
    [​IMG]

3. Brianpore

Brianpore B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief

4. CTBrummie

CTBrummie Senior member

I'd say so, from the 60s or 70s before they changed hands and upped their game to aim for the foreign market in the 80s. The '508' would most likely be the model designation, if they are indeed EG, as they didn't start using names for their shoes until relatively recently.

The hand is very similar to the one used in these tramping brogues, which can be found in the EG catalogue for 1965-66:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

(With thanks for EG for the catalogue image, which they provided in response to a question about the tramping shoes and also the veldtschoen boots in the top half of the image)

5. charliebrown

charliebrown Member

Can anyone identify the maker of this Giorgio Armani tux?
    [​IMG]

6. tben

tben Senior member

Quote:
    GFT sPa (Gruppo GFT)

7. Cotton Dockers

Cotton Dockers Senior member

Picked up these Made in England on the "Virginia" last cap toe oxfords today at a thrift, any ideas on the maker?

9 nails on the inside portion of the heel, 12 smaller nails on the outside and a "triangle" near the edge:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

No other markings remain on the shoe - any help would be much appreciated, thanks!

8. NORE

NORE Senior member

9. Jpmorris

Jpmorris Senior member

Can anyone help me on the maker of these ancient Bass shoes? I've never seen the like before and any insight would be much, much appreciated. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. jlconley

jlconley Well-Known Member

What about these lovely little boogers ? Anyone have any idea what they are besides Alligator loafers? One insole tag missing one is half ripped but the last word says "illusion" then under it says Alligator Leather. There is no nail pattern on the soles and full leather with leather heels and rubber pad. The leather out-soles are stamped "38" and there are no visable markings on the inside of the shoes? The quality and craftsmanship looks excellent to me and I did find a black pair very similar on ebay but that's it. The ebay ones say they are sweet illusion brand but that turned up nothing. Any confirm or add any insight to this?
    Thanks

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 1, 2012

11. jlconley

jlconley Well-Known Member

Gentlemen,
    I happened across a pair of near new Vintage 5 nail Imperial Florsheim's (big deal I know)
    What is interesting is that they are numbered #37 / 200 by hand on the heel bed of the insole, and stamped the same thing on the side wall. The only other stamped printed or markings otherwise say W. C. Green then again in both shoes in hand writing on the heel bed of the insoles is written:
    AH
    122A
    37/200
    all in hand written in ink. No other stamped or printed markings any where......?

WTF are these, I can't find any info on my own and thought someone here with expertise might be able to lend some insight?
    Thanks and they are random narrow size, I am assuming 12 AA as is written 122A?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Xenos

Xenos Senior member

El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángele
    Have this sole tag on a black wool sweater, Made in Italy. Looks vaguely familiar, but can't quite place it. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

[​IMG]

13. Cotton Dockers

Cotton Dockers Senior member

Thanks, NORE. May I ask, what makes you say so? From my (limited) understanding, I thought that the rubber portion on the heel on Cheaneys went straight across.

14. NORE

NORE Senior member

Church's/Cheaney does that sole decoration and also used dovetailed heel rubber inserts. But Church's model info would be hand-written on the inside and [usually] have a G/F for the width.

If you have a pic of the entire sole someone may be able to confirm. I could be wrong.

Last edited: May 29, 2012

15. NORE

NORE Senior member

Are you that ebay seller I hate who sells the used shoes and poses them so gayly like in the pic above?

Last edited: May 29, 2012