Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

HOF: Labels, heels and nail patterns - Secrets to ID the maker

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by gdl203, Nov 10, 2006.

Tags:
  1. rebel222

rebel222 Senior member

Is anyone familiar with this BB line? There was apparently a silver label "Hand Tailored" line, but the label was completely different. This was made in USA.

Just one of their handmade lines. I believe they also had BBGF at the same time. The silver hand tailored line was definitely made at the same time as BBGF. I also have another hand tailored tag that is neither of the two discussed. BB has made hand tailored stuff under quite a few different lines.

2. Gambrinus

Gambrinus Member

I need help identifying these Peal & Co. for Brooks Brothers. This was a lone pair that went up on their site the other night. Going off my noob research skills, it seems that usually these are C&J or AS. The nail pattern on these doesn't seem to match either of those though. From the first post in this thread the nail pattern looks the same as Grenson.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. onix

onix Senior member

^ Those are 100% C&J

4. AnGeLiCbOrIs

AnGeLiCbOrIs Senior member

5. Gambrinus

Gambrinus Member

Cool, thanks for the help.

6. 518aata

518aata Senior member

Is anyone familiar with this BB line? There was apparently a silver label "Hand Tailored" line, but the label was completely different. This was made in USA.

[​IMG]

I'm wearing a blue flannel blazer today with that exact label. I've probably had it for about ten years. I liked it so much that, when I saw the same coat at one of the outlets a couple of years later, I bought it, too. The flannel has a great hand. It's all canvas, with pick stitching on the lapels and pocket flaps.

It believe the Hand Tailored designation was top of the line at the time -- the successor to the all capital letters "MAKERS". I think it dates from about the same time as the silver label line, but I'm not certain. My understanding is that the silver label US stuff was made by Greenfield.

I have several items from both lines and all are very well made. But the silver label jackets and suits were more interesting, both in patterns and fabrics.

7. meister

meister Senior member

Got these from my uncle who bought them from Woolf Brothers in Kansas City way back when. The inside of the shoe says "Expressly for Woolf Brothers," but I can't read any other makers info. I took a picture of the size and what I think's the production number and last number. They have had the heels replaced, but they look like they have their original soles. Not in great shape right now, but we'll see what some TLC can do for them.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Those look like 1950s and could also be Weyenberg made IMO.

[​IMG]

8. makewayhomer

makewayhomer Senior member

9. twosaabs

twosaabs Member

Hi; I'm a 'Newbie' here. I picked up a pair of somewhat beat up English Brogues at a Thrift Shop. I'm very curious about them. Could anybody ID the maker. The label is worn through. I can make out an image in certain light angles but can't read. Seems to be a name - logo is an inverted triangle - don't know if that was the selling company or the maker. Shoes have Itshide Commando soles. Please see photos which include the lettering. Note on the lettering that 'Shoe No. 7693' appears. Does that tell anyone anything?

Any help appreciated!

Thank you.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. iand

iand Senior member

[​IMG]

Any ideas on this one?

11. yellman

yellman Senior member

Anyone able to identify these clothing tags They are from the inside of some suits I saw for sale. They might be generic ones, but the top one seems to be from a well known manufacturer. thanks [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

12. amadar

amadar Senior member

Need help id-ing a tie! The only marking anywhere on the tie is the sole "cucita a mano" ("sewn by hand") tag pictured......and strangely doesn't look like any loose threads to signify a maker label that has come off. Really beautiful tie, looks very well made with fairly thick silk.

[​IMG]

13. Wesley Bills

Wesley Bills Well-Known Member

great great thread!!!

did i mention the thread you started is great?

Yes , you just did and I agree with you 100%.

14. GiorgioHilfiger

GiorgioHilfiger Well-Known Member

Some of these might be helpful for future identifications. Burberry: [​IMG]
    I have the same tag on a Eduard Dressler blazer: Attachment 59938 I think this one I spotted at the january sales at local department store is probably newer version of the tag, it was on a Bugatti branded sportcoat - which was very basic quality: Attachment 59939 Who would you think this tag belongs to: Attachment 59940 It is from a Bamford and Sons sportcoat currently on ebay which I cannot decide should I get or not..
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. stu00a

stu00a Senior member

Attachment 59940 It is from a Bamford and Sons sportcoat currently on ebay which I cannot decide should I get or not..
    CARUSO, 100% SURE.