• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: Labels, heels and nail patterns - Secrets to ID the maker

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score
Quote: They are both very recent DAKS.but can't list them without the material content which I dont know
shog[1].gif

txwoodworker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It looks Korean, first two lines, which are the most important I can't say with 100% certainty but typing in all the usual suspects into google translate it looks like 60% wool 40% linen? The last two are Polyester and Rayon.

dwlbu

Reaction score
Looking to learn a little more about this orphaned Brooks Bros jacket. I may swap out the buttons and turn it into a blazer. Where was it made and what time period? It is half lined but the front is fully canvassed.

waterarachnid

Reaction score
I picked this suit up a couple weeks ago from a thrift shop, but I can't find anything on it. Any guesses?

JackFlash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know I have seen this before, but couldn't find it after a quick scan. Made in Italy unstructured butter soft corduroy sport coat for Richards of Greenwich.

Jompso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looking to learn a little more about this orphaned Brooks Bros jacket. I may swap out the buttons and turn it into a blazer. Where was it made and what time period? It is half lined but the front is fully canvassed.

Looks like vintage Martin Greenfield but I don't know **** about Brooks Bros history so that is not at all a firm answer, just extremely similar in shape, location stitched in, type face, color etc... if you can find a faint MG on there then that's who it is although not all his pieces don the initials, but again I'm not positive here, just what it looks like.

Jompso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads