• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: Labels, heels and nail patterns - Secrets to ID the maker

Ender1990

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Am I right that this is made by Caruso?

Thx in advance.

Tweets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any ideas, Stuart's Choice Paul Stuart, I don't think these are Grenson, any ideas?

Tweets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Heel Pattern somewhat matches, but I've never seen Inside writing like that on AS

Cheaney 125 last?

That was one of my first thoughts, but I couldn't find any evidence Cheaney had made for Paul Stuart, and I haven't seen hand printed inside markings on Cheaney...but its a definite possibility.

Edit: Searched around on the UK Ebay site, lots more Cheaney shoes over there, and I think you are dead on...all the new Cheaney's have that exact marking, when they make for themselves they have a shoe Name before the size, when they are made for someone else, its just a number.

THANKS!

Last edited:

Koala-T

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone recognize this one on an Old Englans International jacket? I'd say Caruso but can't be sure b/c it isn't an exact match.

txwoodworker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey, I don't think anyone responded. Have an identical one, no tags, LP hopsack fabric silver blazer. UNITE! US union tag in the other pocket. Came with a Harolds hanger from a store that's really good about keeping branded hangers with the suits.

Reporting back on this, don't know why I didn't do this before, but RN cross check is "Hartz & Co"
http://www.askandyaboutclothes.com/forum/showthread.php?56649-Hartz-amp-Co-Going-Out-of-Business
Maker for BB, J. Press and others according to AAAC

Snoogz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I should probably know this, if the maker is worth knowing, but I can't remember this tag.

Brooks Brothers made in Italy - labeled from 2007
Tag look familiar to anyone? Any tailor house worth noting?

Thanks.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads