1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

HOF: Labels, heels and nail patterns - Secrets to ID the maker

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by gdl203, Nov 10, 2006.

Tags:
  1. Koala-T

Koala-T Senior member

A few questions:
    Is English your first language?
    Do you know you are misusing this thread?

2. Koala-T

Koala-T Senior member

2 people like this.
  3. Jompso

Jompso Senior member

Agreed. I used to use this thread a lot when I was starting out and it was a great source of knowledge, what your doing is absolutely destroying it. I'm going to give you some harsh truths to swallow right now cuz even though I've only been aware of your existence for 24 hours, they obviously need to be stated, and quite bluntly. Your posts are not appreciated, liked, wanted, interesting, or contain any piece of information or statements that anyone wants to read, or gives a single fuck about. None. Of. Them. You are single handily ruining one of the greatest resource threads on this site by simply posting your bullshit. Nobody here gives a fuck about anything you say, ever. Your statements make no sense, make you look like an idiot, and aren't entertaining in any fashion, they are even beyond annoying at this point, it's more of a waiting game to see when you'll finally just fucking get it and quit. As @Koala-T said, go back to the first pages of this thread and understand the direction. This doesn't mean we give a shit you did and need you to share, just do it so you know what your actually doing. Your either a master at stonewalling, can't read or comprehend English, or are so narcissistic and delusional that you find what you have to say to be of any concern to others here despite constant statements contradicting this belief, no one fucking gives a shit. For the sake of this thread and the useful resource it is to so many who are in actual need of help, just go the fuck away. No one cares. Nobody fucking cares. The point has been made, please carry on with whatever you did before trolling this thread, and allow others to actually use it for it's intended purposes. You'll most likely just get banned from the site anyways by someone cuz what your doing is completely against the terms of usage here. So continue until someone who gives a shit enough to report you does and you get banned from this site forever, or just stop. Because again, nobody gives a fuck. And if this is just one huge elaborate troll prank or whatever, you need to fucking get a life because if that's the case that would be beyond pathetic and just be flat out fucking sad. Fill your days with other shit and let people who actual give a shit about this stuff share with each other. I want my couple minutes back for having to even fucking write this. Leave.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2015
    7 people like this.
  4. misterellington

misterellington Senior member

[​IMG]

And BOOM goes the dynamite. Thank you, Jompso!

5. misterellington

misterellington Senior member

What is going on in here is flagable...and folks who care about this particularly helpful forum should do so.

6. usctrojans31

usctrojans31 Senior member

In my nearly six years on this site, I've never had to block someone. Until today. I recommend everyone else do it until his inevitable ban.

3 people like this.
  7. emptym

emptym Senior member Moderator

Dense or a troll, I don't know. But we've deleted several of his posts and given him some time to cool off.

9 people like this.
  8. Koala-T

Koala-T Senior member

Thanks very much.

1 person likes this.
  9. cvrle1

cvrle1 Member

Hi there, new member (and it seems that this thread has gone off the rails, so lets try to ge it back)

I posted a new topic about my question below, but was told this thread may yield more results.

To keep things short, saw tweed coat that I am interested in, and would like to find out more info if possible. Made by J. Riggings. From little I could find, sound like they were mall store and dealt with lower end clothing.

if someone could provide a bit more info o the company, would be much appreciated.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Original topic is here: http://www.styleforum.net/t/512768/j-riggings-tweed-coat-looking-for-more-info

10. txwoodworker

txwoodworker Senior member

Yep, low end, don't expect quality. Style is nice though, and people that don't expect quality and like style are making the owners of H&M some of the richest people on the planet, so you have company.

11. cvrle1

cvrle1 Member

Thanks for the info. Style is nice, quality is good, but combination of both is a winner. Unfortunately in this case it seems that this coat just has style :(

I shall leave it for someone else then. Thanks again.

12. Reosymes

Reosymes Senior member

Hi all, I'd really appreciate some help here.

These shoes are clearly well made. Built like a tank. The logo is faded, though, and all I can make out is 'Fatte a Mano' on the top line and 'Made in Italy' on the bottom line. Does the nail pattern ring a bell?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. coloRLOw

coloRLOw Senior member

i just browse st.andrews on ebay,and find this seller says it's andrews.

i'm not sure because the buttonholes seem machine made.

and i have another question ( X-post HIERARCHICAL SUIT QUALITY thread)
    are they the same quality?
    Thanks!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. saint

saint Senior member

I picked these up from Yoox and wondering who the maker might be. They were made for Gruppo Clark. There are numbers along the inside of the heel, but no other identifiers other than on the soles, pics below.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. Koala-T

Koala-T Senior member

Any writing on the inside wall?

16. saint

saint Senior member

Only the numbers 80242 together and then 7 about an inch away, and the size. Nothing else is written on the inside.

17. Koala-T

Koala-T Senior member

Was hoping more to see the font, though that is less helpful on Italian shoes.

18. saint

saint Senior member

Difficult to get a shot, but I think you can see the font well enough in this pic. Thanks for the help!

[​IMG]

19. Snoogz

Snoogz Senior member

I need some help determining the maker of a boot. My guess is C&J - based on the heel, but the inside writing is kind of throwing me off. Also, based on the writing, can anyone help me identify the size written?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ironically enough it is made for Hilfiger...

What leads me to believe C&J is another pair of Hilfiger shoes - with the same heel and clearly made by C&J based on the inner writing

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I found a link to a pair of Ben Silver shoes - made by C&J that are exactly the same.
    http://www.bensilver.com/The-Westminster-in-Tobacco-Suede,11391.html#.VmUqBry7dE4

But for the life of me, I cannot find the boot model above made by C&J anywhere.

Thanks!

20. Koala-T

Koala-T Senior member

I think you are right.