Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

HOF: Labels, heels and nail patterns - Secrets to ID the maker

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by gdl203, Nov 10, 2006.

Tags:
  1. XenoX101

XenoX101 Senior member

2. bigbris1

bigbris1 Senior member

Just won these and was wondering they are actually Grenson Masterpiece or simply Grenson.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Thank you.

Most likely a sample made to MP standards, thus the hidden channel welt and rose stamp. Another tell will be what's embossed on the inside under where your heel goes.

3. kev777

kev777 Senior member

Just won these and was wondering they are actually Grenson Masterpiece or simply Grenson.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Thank you.

Most likely a sample made to MP standards, thus the hidden channel welt and rose stamp. Another tell will be what's embossed on the inside under where your heel goes.

Bought a pair off the same seller and they are def Masterpieces and great quality. I nearly bid up against you for those, just hope they fit you as the ones i got off him were very small for a size 6, im wondering if MP's fit very small. [​IMG]

4. rebel222

rebel222 Senior member

Bought a pair off the same seller and they are def Masterpieces and great quality. I nearly bid up against you for those, just hope they fit you as the ones i got off him were very small for a size 6, im wondering if MP's fit very small. [​IMG]

They do.

5. SuitProfessor

SuitProfessor Member

Good thread. The problem is that some factories will change the labels over time. Also, having a different label within the same brands means that they are outsourcing to other factories. I know, because I have seen this with my own eyes.

6. kev777

kev777 Senior member

They do.

Theres a pair on ebay at the moment in 7.5 UK and im thinking of bidding on them as the measurements basically equate to my C&J Handgrades in 6.5 on the 337 ie about 29cm x 10 cm. This seems very small for a 7.5. The 6's i got i could barely get on my feet so its maybe the case the 7.5's fit me. Any thoughts Rebel ???

7. rebel222

rebel222 Senior member

Theres a pair on ebay at the moment in 7.5 UK and im thinking of bidding on them as the measurements basically equate to my C&J Handgrades in 6.5 on the 337 ie about 29cm x 10 cm. This seems very small for a 7.5. The 6's i got i could barely get on my feet so its maybe the case the 7.5's fit me. Any thoughts Rebel ???

They run 1/2 size large, generally. Sole measurements are worthless.

8. aj_del

aj_del Senior member

Hi

The Corneliani shoes are 50% off at the New Delhi boutique and I was considering picking up a black captoe which looked to be solidly built. They were around 900 USD full price and 450 USD discounted.

I am wondering if anyone knows who makes shoes for Corneliani and are they worth 450 USD ?

My experience with designer branded Italian shoes is limited to a Canali chukka with vibram sole which has served me well.

Thanks for your help.

9. Window

Window Senior member

I came accross these sport coats at a thrift store. They all were my size, felt nice, and had functioning sleeve buttons so i picked them up. Not sure what brand they are since the tags have all been removed. Any help?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. AnGeLiCbOrIs

AnGeLiCbOrIs Senior member

I came accross these sport coats at a thrift store. They all were my size, felt nice, and had functioning sleeve buttons so i picked them up. Not sure what brand they are since the tags have all been removed. Any help?]

Nice haul. Caruso, Caruso, ?, SaintAndrews

11. Window

Window Senior member

thanks for the help

12. AlanC

AlanC Minister of Trad

Thoughts on this label/maker?

[​IMG]

13. clintonf

clintonf Senior member

I've seen the missing one on a Cerruti Jacket that I own. I hope this helps. Clint

14. marin

marin Senior member

Following his success in fabrics, Nino Cerruti's first clothing line was Hitman. Giorgio Armani was a designer at Hitman before striking out on his own.

15. gumercindo

gumercindo Senior member

There is always a possibility that some of these manufacturers use the same label maker (I doubt they print their own labels) and end up with similar looking labels. I looked for a pic of a Corneliani label but couldn't find one. Here is a Corneliani for RLBL:
    [​IMG]

Regarding this label with the words "BLUE LABEL" written on it, would this correspond to a Polo I, II, III or IV?