• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: Labels, heels and nail patterns - Secrets to ID the maker

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Can anyone speak to Sulka by Brioni (jacket of course). Any info on a hybrid like that? No pics yet.

That sounds to me like Voltrons and Gobots had a kid.

tben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That sounds to me like Voltrons and Gobots had a kid.

Yeah...me too (too good to be true type thing??).
nod[1].gif
Bought it on a whim on eBay. The pictures were awful but that's what it looks like. Paid like $50. Oh well, I guess we will see when it gets here, if it does, which it certainly may not.

Last edited:

tben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Alden? It's on a B/D combination last, Made in the USA, don't have pictures of the side wall just yet, but I thought this was enough. Thanks!

k4lnamja

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
from looking at the heels, yes, alden

Tweets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Anyone with a guess on these? Not my picture, just trying to figure out what they are to possibly buy.

Thanks

Tweets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Anyone with a guess on these? Not my picture, just trying to figure out what they are to possibly buy.

Thanks
Figured it out, Church's, lack of dovetail threw me off

tben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's a good deal at $30 OBO, but they're a 12 AA so the flippability loses some meat on the bone.

I agree with you. I saw them as well. Almost pulled the trigger. But generally, when I take risks on shoes I try to buy them around my size, just in case they don't sell. Although, most of the time they end up in my closet regardless.
nod[1].gif

Tweets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree with you. I saw them as well. Almost pulled the trigger. But generally, when I take risks on shoes I try to buy them around my size, just in case they don't sell. Although, most of the time they end up in my closet regardless.
nod%5B1%5D.gif

That's how I end up with 40 pairs of shoes stacked 5 high on my shelves and a wife bitching about me having more than her

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Those look pretty damn close...the "genuine shell cordovan stamp lettering looks absolutely a match"
The inside stamping looks like a perfect match as well. Its hard to make it out, but look below at the stamp

@capnwes , do you remember if those shoes were blake stitched by chance?

No, I don't BUT, When Hanover was still in existence, they made the Shell Cordovan (and some other) shoes for Stuart McGuire and Bostonian. I have even see some that had bed linings branded Hanover and then over-branded Stuart McGuire. Living just outside of Hanover, I see their stuff all the time. Plus, as I've mentioned before, my mother in law and her sisters worked in the Hanover Shoe factory, stitching shoes, and have verified the cross branding.

All three brands mentioned used combination lasts.
All three would have used the same Sole stamp above.
I am saying Hanover on yours because of the numbering. A lot of their shoes are 25xx numbers
Stuart McGuire by Hanover model numbers always start with an OV-

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics