• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: Labels, heels and nail patterns - Secrets to ID the maker

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Not to be a dick, but does anyone actually search the thread anymore? The St Andrews label is literally in the very first post.

Happens to the best of us. I remember even Spoo needed helping id'ing a Pal Zileri tag a few months back.

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Happens to the best of us. I remember even Spoo needed helping id'ing a Pal Zileri tag a few months back.
Well, yeah. Of course, I have had plenty of inquiries in here as well, and the thread is getting a bit long for thorough checking (not to mention some of the disappearing photos). Just saying, at least check the first page....a lot of the labels are on that first post.

Sorry, I have had a bad start of the week. Not trying to take it out on anyone....just a little edgy.

Koala-T

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Little help identifying this made in US BB Penny:

Thanks!

I'd say Alden, except for those aren't a combo last - same script though. Does Alden have non-combination last models?

All of Alden's are made on combination lasts.

Interesting. I don't want to question Wes because he knows more than I will ever, and the script does look almost the same, but its hard to argue with Alden.

Edit: Just took a look at some Alden for BB and you are right. But I still wonder if they are on combination lasts or not. I'd have to assume so since Alden clearly states that all shoes are made on combination lasts.

It's Alden boys, stop overthinking. They don't usually put combo sizes in BB.

Thanks for the Alden confirmation, guys!

k4lnamja

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Well, yeah. Of course, I have had plenty of inquiries in here as well, and the thread is getting a bit long for thorough checking (not to mention some of the disappearing photos). Just saying, at least check the first page....a lot of the labels are on that first post.

Sorry, I have had a bad start of the week. Not trying to take it out on anyone....just a little edgy.

I'm OFFENDED! OFFENDED I TELL YA!

lol

ATLjon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone seen these labels before? They're on a pretty new Chester Barrie jacket, but don't look like any barrie labels I've seen before. Also, there's no mention of where the jacket was made.

highvoltorb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These are probably nothing but I thought I'd post them anyway to make sure. Something old an American made. Whatever logo was on the insole has completely worn off but an outline remains. I see a Boot and Shoe Union stamp. Pics in the spoiler. Thanks.

AHS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks familiar.... but I can't place it.

Thanks in advance.

AHS

Reosymes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can anyone identify the maker from the label? The jacket is from Battaglia, Beverly Hills, if it helps any.

Last edited:

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Searched and didn't come up with anything - this is another possible d'Avenza (for Bijan). Can anyone confirm?

For reference - these are the other Bijan markings:

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads