• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

hockey jersey sizing?

kxk

Reaction score
Anyone familiar with hockey jersey sizes?

Say I'm between a 40-42 chest (M-L)

If I don't want to be swimming in the jersey and want to wear it casually, and have no plans to wear the said jersey in conjunction with the pads, what size should I be looking at?

thanks

Dbear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
you want to wear it casually? i don't see how else you could wear a hockey jersey
laugh.gif

my gut says a small or lower. jerseys are notoriously oversized--99% of their audience aren't looking for a fitted jersey--moreso something to cover their beer belly.

kxk

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dbear
you want to wear it casually? i don't see how else you could wear a hockey jersey
laugh.gif

my gut says a small or lower. jerseys are notoriously oversized--99% of their audience aren't looking for a fitted jersey--moreso something to cover their beer belly.

haha thanks.

i'm just looking at
http://shop.nhl.com/product/getInfoS...goryId=2826081

and it's like, really? small's gonna be 24-26 pit-to-pit? should i be looking at youth sizes? wtf

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
when you say casually, you mean to hockey games, right?

kxk

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ter1413
when you say casually, you mean to hockey games, right?

just around--hockey games, sports bars, etc.

jaychiz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i'm 40" around the chest and am swimming in my small jersey, fitting a hoodie under isn't much challenge either. maybe i'll post a stanley cup fit pic later on today

pickpackpockpuck

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I would say get the smallest size available. Keep in mind they're made to accommodate pads, whether or not you're going to wear any. You wouldn't be a Canucks or Bruins fan by any chance, would you? I'm a Devils fan. It was a tough year...

DrBassie

Reaction score
If you're not going to use it in sport, just wearing around town (and don't even want to look like it was a game-ready jersey) go for a Youth XL. Those I believe are around 44" around.

Omega Man

Reaction score
Hockey jersey are meant to be worn over protective equipment while playing. They are quite generous in terms of sizing. If you are going to wear it casually (i.e. not actually playing hockey), get the smallest size that would fit your chest and shoulders. You can get into youth sizing, but you may run into trouble with shorter sleeves.

kxk

Reaction score
Originally Posted by pickpackpockpuck
Yeah, I would say get the smallest size available. Keep in mind they're made to accommodate pads, whether or not you're going to wear any. You wouldn't be a Canucks or Bruins fan by any chance, would you? I'm a Devils fan. It was a tough year...

Bruins fan, though not currently in Boston. After the heartbreak that were the celtics and pats seasons, im very ready for this to happen.

Originally Posted by DrBassie
If you're not going to use it in sport, just wearing around town (and don't even want to look like it was a game-ready jersey) go for a Youth XL. Those I believe are around 44" around.

thanks, i think that's what i'm gonna be ending up doing, although it seems that the youth XL

irbe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are jersey's SF approved???

DGstyles

Reaction score
I am a 42, and recently purchased a Medium in Reebok. Fits great. Go Canucks!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads