hockey jersey sizing?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by kxk, Jun 1, 2011.

1. kxk

kxk Well-Known Member

Anyone familiar with hockey jersey sizes?

Say I'm between a 40-42 chest (M-L)

If I don't want to be swimming in the jersey and want to wear it casually, and have no plans to wear the said jersey in conjunction with the pads, what size should I be looking at?

thanks

2. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

you want to wear it casually? i don't see how else you could wear a hockey jersey [​IMG]

my gut says a small or lower. jerseys are notoriously oversized--99% of their audience aren't looking for a fitted jersey--moreso something to cover their beer belly.

3. kxk

kxk Well-Known Member

you want to wear it casually? i don't see how else you could wear a hockey jersey [​IMG]

my gut says a small or lower. jerseys are notoriously oversized--99% of their audience aren't looking for a fitted jersey--moreso something to cover their beer belly.

haha thanks.

i'm just looking at
    http://shop.nhl.com/product/getInfoS...goryId=2826081

and it's like, really? small's gonna be 24-26 pit-to-pit? should i be looking at youth sizes? wtf

4. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

when you say casually, you mean to hockey games, right?

5. kxk

kxk Well-Known Member

when you say casually, you mean to hockey games, right?

just around--hockey games, sports bars, etc.

6. jaychiz

jaychiz Senior member

i'm 40" around the chest and am swimming in my small jersey, fitting a hoodie under isn't much challenge either. maybe i'll post a stanley cup fit pic later on today

7. pickpackpockpuck

pickpackpockpuck Senior member

Yeah, I would say get the smallest size available. Keep in mind they're made to accommodate pads, whether or not you're going to wear any. You wouldn't be a Canucks or Bruins fan by any chance, would you? I'm a Devils fan. It was a tough year...

8. DrBassie

DrBassie Well-Known Member

If you're not going to use it in sport, just wearing around town (and don't even want to look like it was a game-ready jersey) go for a Youth XL. Those I believe are around 44" around.

9. Omega Man

Omega Man Senior member

Hockey jersey are meant to be worn over protective equipment while playing. They are quite generous in terms of sizing. If you are going to wear it casually (i.e. not actually playing hockey), get the smallest size that would fit your chest and shoulders. You can get into youth sizing, but you may run into trouble with shorter sleeves.

10. kxk

kxk Well-Known Member

Yeah, I would say get the smallest size available. Keep in mind they're made to accommodate pads, whether or not you're going to wear any. You wouldn't be a Canucks or Bruins fan by any chance, would you? I'm a Devils fan. It was a tough year...

Bruins fan, though not currently in Boston. After the heartbreak that were the celtics and pats seasons, im very ready for this to happen.

If you're not going to use it in sport, just wearing around town (and don't even want to look like it was a game-ready jersey) go for a Youth XL. Those I believe are around 44" around.

thanks, i think that's what i'm gonna be ending up doing, although it seems that the youth XL

11. irbe

irbe Senior member

Are jersey's SF approved???

12. DGstyles

DGstyles Senior member

I am a 42, and recently purchased a Medium in Reebok. Fits great. Go Canucks!