• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hoarders

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Have you guys seen this show? Really just something else.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I'd watch it but I'm scared I'd get hooked and get all the episodes on DVD, VHS, and Blu-Ray. And never watch them.

Big Pun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These people are disgusting. My mom should be on the show. Oh never mind I forgot, 900 Pez dispensers are an investment.
rolleyes.gif
I'm trying to do the opposite, getting rid of literally all excess crap.

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Big Pun

I'm trying to do the opposite, getting rid of literally all excess crap.

Don't you have 500+ colognes?

pebblegrain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Paging mr portnoy

on the serious tip, that watch guy is out of his mind

Originally Posted by willpower
Don't you have 500+ colognes?

LOL

Pennglock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I almost made a post on this after catching an episode. Really fascinating stuff... something in these people's brains must just go haywire.

pebblegrain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
funniest thing is, I understand it somewhat. I have 30 pairs of shoes, a collection of 300 CDs and 70gb of MP3s, nobody *needs* that. But ****, I force myself to purge once in a while, throw **** away, donate it, sell it on ebay.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Well these people are more than just collectors, remember that.

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^+1

these people have some serious issues. big difference between collecting watches, shoes, etc. opposed to hoarding rotten food.

did any of you guys see the one where the kid collected his dog's hair because he thought if he got rid of it the dog would die. the kid's dad was also an alcoholic and never got rid of his garbage. when they cleaned the house, they got rid of thousands of wine bottles.

dirk diggler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
do you have to disclose the mess when the hoarder's house is sold, ie potential mold concerns?

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
One of my neighbors (well, she moved now) is a hoarder. Her place was filled, four-feet-deep! There was a little path about a foot wide meandering through rooms. There was a foot-wide space on her bed for her to sleep. The tub/shower was filled to the top with ****. The oven was filled with balled up aluminum foil. Her garage was filled to the rafters.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads