1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 10: A full set of Aesop's Fables pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is for a full set of Aesop's Fable's pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Hmm...need a nice sportcoat

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by lawandorder360, Sep 9, 2006.

1. lawandorder360

lawandorder360 Well-Known Member

Hey guys,

Just wondering if you guys had any recommendations for a good Black or Dark Grey sport coat to buy that will last me a few years and still stay in style. I'm mostly looking for a slimmer cut blazer than usual, something that I can wear with a white shirt and dark jeans for a night out (the thread was inspired by the nightclub thread.). Anyone have any recommendations? I was looking at one I liked on bluefly, anyone have any recommendations as to something similar? I especially like the slimmer cut.

http://www.bluefly.com/pages/product...&Nu=Product+ID

2. kitonbrioni

kitonbrioni Distinguished Member

It's a nice blazer but note that the cognoscenti of color are not into black.

3. mrchapel

mrchapel Senior Member

Personally, I wouldn't spend that much money on a black blazer, but even if I were to, it wouldn't be by Gucci. If you're just looking for a basic black blazer that won't break the bank, then check out your local malls for either/or an Express or Zara. Both of these establishments cater to the nightclub enthusiast.

EDIT: 300th post [​IMG].

4. A Harris

A Harris Distinguished Member Dubiously Honored