• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hmm, I need help.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well... it is only water resistant to 25m. Surely, that can't be enough for your needs.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Alter
Well... it is only water resistant to 25m. Surely, that can't be enough for your needs.

Hmm, -1 for lack of versatility. I was planning to use it while diving on wrecks but I guess I won't be able to do that... shucks.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by drizzt3117
Hmm, -1 for lack of versatility. I was planning to use it while diving on wrecks but I guess I won't be able to do that... shucks.

Glad to help.

Seriously though, it is a beauty! Hard to find much wrong with it, if you can afford it.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Alter
Glad to help.

Seriously though, it is a beauty! Hard to find much wrong with it, if you can afford it.

I saw this watch in Las Vegas last fall, and its been a recurring element in my dreams since. I can afford it but I have some serious doubts about the fiscal responsibility of that type of purchasing decision. Then again, I suppose Pateks do tend to appreciate...

Tomasso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by drizzt3117
Then again, I suppose Pateks do tend to appreciate...

Appreciate?
laugh.gif
Best case, they'll hold their value and that's if you buy pre-owned.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tomasso
Appreciate?
laugh.gif

True, I suppose "not depreciate an inordinate amount" would have been a better description of their value over time.

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tomasso
Appreciate?
laugh.gif

Or some type of a vintage piece.

$33,000+ can buy quite a lovely vintage wristwatch or a very serious pocket-watch.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
Or some type of a vintage piece.

$33,000+ can buy quite a lovely vintage wristwatch or a very serious pocket-watch.

This is true. As it stands, I inherited a vintage Patek that was made in the 1960s that is fairly nice, but it doesn't fit with my usual dress. Something more modern would probably work better for me, at least at this time.

Jill

Reaction score
Invest the $33K in hot real estate. Flip it for $66K. Then buy the watch, and give the rest to charity.

It won't be any more fiscally responsible, but at least you'll feel better about it!

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The combination of different fonts and mixture of romans and arabics is aesthetically displeasing.

$33K is a lot to pay for an annual calendar. That chunk of change should buy a perpetual calendar.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jill
Invest the $33K in hot real estate. Flip it for $66K. Then buy the watch, and give the rest to charity.

It won't be any more fiscally responsible, but at least you'll feel better about it!

Heh, $33k will buy about a burger stand's worth of hot real estate in Orange County... but maybe the burger business may take off given our hot weather of late
smile.gif

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I hate to be the only voice of reason here, but if you can afford it, buy it. Thank me later and don't forget to post pics.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
One watch, eight bespoke suits ... I know which path of irresponsibilty I would choose.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads