• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hmm, can't decide if this is totally douchebag or sorta cool

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you have to tell people who you want to be, you're a douche.

metkirk

Reaction score
It looks costumy to me. I just hate the extremely symmetrical style of most military-inspired jackets. My opinion is if you're not in the military, don't wear military pieces.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
you'd disagree with alot of ppl here, then, as it appears the M65 is the jacket of the year.

metkirk

Reaction score
Originally Posted by drizzt3117
you'd disagree with alot of ppl here, then, as it appears the M65 is the jacket of the year.

Yes, you're absolutely correct. I still wonder why I havn't seen anyone here posing with guns yet...

digital_denim

Big Lose
Reaction score
The words Ghetto and English should not be together. You should not be buying juicy clothing.

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you ever see someone wearing this, remember: enemy combatant in uniform.

Wade M

Reaction score
Originally Posted by metkirk
It looks costumy to me. I just hate the extremely symmetrical style of most military-inspired jackets. My opinion is if you're not in the military, don't wear military pieces.

I'm with you 100%. I don't get why a lot of guys in here wear either military surplus clothing, or military inspired clothing. The main function of a military is to attack/defend a nation. Wearing clothing inspired by those who kill in it isn't really something I run to....

--Wade

calatrava

Reaction score
but military clothing also espouse certain design ideals, such as being something utilitarian and able to withstand the rigours of military environments. combined with a certain minimalistic design that combines functionality, its not really that surprising to see that such clothing is popular.

Wade M

Reaction score
Military clothing is what it is to give whatever country the largest advantage of winning whatever war it is they're fighting.

--Wade

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Real military clothing is also generally very well put together and functional for many applications other than killing terrorists.... now knockoffs and "military inspired clothing" like in the link, generally = douche IMO. Surplus is great though.

cheapmutha

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i wear my military cothing with pride, as i am defending the sartorial ideals of sufu and the steez...

i do however always make sure any rank or identification is taken off, as to not offend anyone who may have actually served in uniform

Bandwagonesque

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
+1 for what cmf said. That jacket appears to be more of a parody of military clothing than "tastefully inspired by". Maybe if it got rid of the peace sign (WTF?), the skull (overplayed), the brass buttons, the "English Ghetto Rockers", and number on the arm, it would significantly lower the douche factor of it. And the name Juicy makes me want to hurl.

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cheapmutha
i wear my military cothing with pride, as i am defending the sartorial ideals of sufu and the steez... i do however always make sure any rank or identification is taken off, as to not offend anyone who may have actually served in uniform
Yeah, +1. And, what, do you guys who refuse to wear any military-inspired pieces also refuse to wear, say, bomber jackets? Fashion has been influenced by military design for hundreds of years, you're not going to get away from it. Besides, there's a difference between wearing military surplus or military-influenced design, and wearing an actual uniform, so to speak. If you just don't like the style, that's fine, but I don't see how there's anything wrong with wearing an M65 or M65-style jacket when you're not in the military. After all, we all wear jeans and none of us is a cowboy or a coal miner. EDIT: Oh, and the piece is pretty douchey, sorry drizzt.
frown.gif

brimley

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bandwagonesque
Maybe if it got rid of the peace sign (WTF?)

"...I think I was trying to say something about the duality of man, the Jungian thing..."

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads