• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 4: Goodyear welted shoes from Cobbler Union

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 4th auction is for a pair of Goodyear welted Shoes from Cobbler Union. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

History of Men's Fashion: What the Well Dressed Man is Wearing.

Zenny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A Wodehouse reference! AAAC must be creaming their pants.

Sanguis Mortuum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by merkur
as someone quite rightly points out in the thread, how does one become an esteemed member with only one post?

Evidently by writing a book

mack11211

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
His bio is eccentric:
Nicholas Storey graduated from University College London in 1981 with a Law degree, was called to the Bar in 1982 and, after a pupillage, was employed by Butterworth’s Legal Publishers. As a result of this, he subsequently contributed freelance editing work to Halsbury’s Current Service and to a volume of the 4th edition reissue of the main work of Halsbury’s Laws of England. He was also one of two general editors of a loose-leaf publication on the Health Service in 2001. A member of the Government Legal Service for some years, where his work included being a member of a Bill Team on a major statute, he later worked for Rowe & Maw solicitors for a year before taking up private practice at the Bar between 1990 and 2004. His practice included: advising the first Pensions’ Ombudsman, advising and drafting on occupational pension schemes and other commercial documents. He has also had letters published in The Times, The Daily Telegraph and regional newspapers and he contributed an appreciation of Henry Darwin to the Obituaries’ column of The Times. Born in Cornwall, he still maintains strong links there but he now lives mainly in Brazil, where he is a director of his own company. Recently, he has been involved in conservation of his home town, the conservation of the famous old rose bush on Edward Fitzgerald’s grave and in organizing a green plaque to Rosa Lewis at the Cavendish Hotel; he also maintains a keen amateur interest in precious and semi-precious stones.

vitaminc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
sounds like a costume book that Sator might love.

clubman

Reaction score
I am the author of this book - and I must be even more esteemed here than in the other place because this is my first post in the forum. The book is not a 'costume' book and I do not have a 'strut' - moreover, how a strut may be discerned without seeing me strolling along, Goodness only knows!
NJS

Skanstull

Reaction score
Originally Posted by clubman
I am the author of this book - and I must be even more esteemed here than in the other place because this is my first post in the forum. The book is not a 'costume' book and I do not have a 'strut' - moreover, how a strut may be discerned without seeing me strolling along, Goodness only knows!
NJS

Welcome!

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Andy
I was probably thinking e-steamed, as in "without wrinkles" !!

Sator

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by clubman
NJS

Hello NJS. It's grumpy here. When did Alden let you off your leash?

clubman

Reaction score
Hello SATOR! Are you grumpy? Actually, I joined this forum ages ago but just have not had the time and someone drew this thread to my attention so I thought that I'd just wade in!!
NJS

Sator

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been considering changing my avatar to this:

If the others here ask why you'll have to explain.

Generally, you aren't missing very much here these days. I look forward to receiving your book very soon and I shall see you over at the Lounge.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 25 3.3%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 129 17.2%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 241 32.1%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 118 15.7%
  • 31 - 40