1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

History of mens clothing

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by demeis, Dec 7, 2004.

1. demeis

demeis Distinguished Member

Ok another post reminded me to post this but its something i was wondering about and considering as a possible topic for an honors project. I was wondering if their is any websites/books that talk about the history of mens clothing from say the 19th century on or even the 20th century on. Something that talks about how it changed/why? I've been looking for the history of the two button suit and who invented it an such that i remember reading a little bit about in another post awhile back and that kind of got me thinking about this topic. Just wondering if anyone knows

thanks
    Nik

2. j

j (stands for Jerk) Admin

I have "An Illustrated History of Mens Fashion" or similar, with the history you reference included. You might look for that.

3. Sevcom

Sevcom Senior Member

For a cursory starting point, try the online excerpts of Flusser's Clothes and the Man here.

4. demeis

demeis Distinguished Member

Just got done reading that and it gave some of what i wanted. Looking to check out those other books too.