• We would like to welcome Pete and Harry as an official Affiliate Vendor. Pete and Harry, co-founded by Erik (EFV) one of our long time members and friends, offers a wide variety of products, clothes, watches and accessories, antique, vintage, “pre-loved” and new - all at unparalleled prices. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Hipster Prom Tux

mfoucault

Reaction score
I am looking to add some hipster flare to my prom tux. I'm thinking skinny black pants. . .

Anyone know pants that would work?

Any other ideas?

fcuknu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hipster or modern? Big difference. If you want to be a hipster, just dont shower and sneak in a couple of 40s. No need to alter the tux.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
wear it with sneakers and natty hair and you're an instant hipster.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Michel, shave your head and wear big black glasses.

ysc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Find a vintage velvet dinner jacket or similar in a very slim cut, a bit short with very open quarters and wear it with a really skinny bow tie. Well that's what I would do for a hipster twist to black tie if it was a themed party or something. Otherwise just go for a classic tux and let your hipserishness/non-conformity speak for itself, skinny trousers a rebel do not make.
Don't get really skinny pants, you will look like a twat, particularly with a not particularly skinny jacket.

whiteslashasian

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cas Ruffin
Why would anyone want this?

To be hipster! A-Hurrrr Durrrr.

I'd go with the vintage route. Get it altered to be very slim fitting. Keep your hair extremely "hipster" ( you know what to do ). Wear some chucks and you're set.

Marcus Brody

Reaction score
I don't want to make a new thread about this, but this week one of the other graduate schools here is having a "tacky prom" which I will be attending. I'm still deciding on whether it is worth it to attach some satin facing to this hideous, wide-lapeled, gray-tweedish-synthetic with red and black windowpane pattern jacket/vest combo I have.

Not quite hipster, but intended to do similar damage to the Platonic ideal of black tie...

Though the jacket actually fits well, and it's hard to look that bad in a well fitting jacket.

Featured Sponsor

LARGE METAL WATCHES WITH TAILORING

• Yes, I’m tacky like that.

• No way José! Dress watch with leather strap for me!

• No watch at all.

Results are only viewable after voting.