1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Hip meets conservative

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by oldskool, Dec 23, 2004.

1. oldskool

oldskool Senior Member

OK, you all know I picked up those flannel suits at polo.com on sale + 25% by now... I am trying to formulate my winter look for a creative sales job meets going out to dinner, etc. Again, the suits: http://www.polo.com/product....=family and http://www.polo.com/product....=family both have flat front flannel trousers... can I go cashmere turtle neck under both? black belt, shoes, sweater?? brown?? I have a camel hair coat. some super hipsters needed to put this together. shoes, belt, sweater, coat..... look forward to your thoughts.. thx

2. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Stylish Dinosaur

I would personally go with all black with either of those suits, black turtleneck, shoes, belt, should look quite good.

3. oldskool

oldskool Senior Member

thank you, i used to think i had some style until i started reading this board.

4. gorgekko

gorgekko Distinguished Member

We all go through that. I thought I had it going on -- and even knowledgeable people agreed -- and then made the mistake of getting involved with the miscreants on this board. Now the only names that pass my lips are Italian and English [​IMG]