1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Hip-hop culture hurting NFL

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by mr monty, Oct 18, 2007.

1. mizanation

mizanation Senior member

football (as in soccer) culture is ruining the world.

2. Fuuma

Fuuma Senior member

Fluorization is ruining our children!!!

3. Fuuma

Fuuma Senior member

Soy is turning our sons into fags!![​IMG]

4. romafan

romafan Senior member

This is the internet and people here tend to take things quite seriously. I have a lengthy private message record where a guy actually threatens to fly to New York from the UK and beat me up. It didn't look at all dissimilar to what you wrote. I thought it was hilarious.

Also, I actually know someone here who I knew for a while (but they don't know I read this forum). They make shit up about their lives when they are in fact the top opposite of what they represent. That, and all the alleged 160 IQs, guys claiming they've beat up like 20 people in a week, being millionaires, fucking "10s" every weekend etc...

So, it's hard for me to know whether mostpeople here are either highly delusional, or if in fact, they're "kidding" (but the joke isn't funny). For me it's entertainment.

Where's that 'Internet - Serious Business' thingy when you need it? You had a lengthy PM record w/ a guy who threatens to fly over form the UK to beat you up, and claim that it wasn't dissimilar to my saying "read my post & meet me on the corner [​IMG], when you live in a different part of the country?

5. Violinist

Violinist Senior member

Where's that 'Internet - Serious Business' thingy when you need it? You had a lengthy PM record w/ a guy who threatens to fly over form the UK to beat you up, and claim that it wasn't dissimilar to my saying "read my post & meet me on the corner [​IMG], when you live in a different part of the country?

Dude... look around. It's not impossible.

6. romafan

romafan Senior member

Dude... look around. It's not impossible.

Are you a gamer? Be honest (i.e. don't front).....

7. Manny Calavera

Manny Calavera Senior member

Let's just call a spade a spade. This isn't about "hip-hop" culture, it's about the blacks. The blacks are doing irreparable damage to the NFL.

8. Violinist

Violinist Senior member

Are you a gamer? Be honest (i.e. don't front).....

I havent played computer games since I was 12. I played NHL 1999.

This summer when I went home after school, I did get addicted to grand theft auto on my brother's play station but that's about it.

9. Violinist

Violinist Senior member

Let's just call a spade a spade. This isn't about "hip-hop" culture, it's about the blacks. The blacks are doing irreparable damage to the NFL.

Without "the blacks" there would be no NFL, but I understand you're "kidding".

10. HomerJ

HomerJ Senior member

[​IMG] Forget baseball. Football is America's game. It's doing fine except for occasional dumb officiating and No Fun League rules.

11. javyn

javyn Senior member

Believe it or not there are many blacks who don't like hip hop. I think hip-hop is more for imbecilic teenage white boys anyway.

12. romafan

romafan Senior member

I havent played computer games since I was 12. I played NHL 1999.

This summer when I went home after school, I did get addicted to grand theft auto on my brother's play station but that's about it.

OK. Now we're getting somewhere. I think I see where you're coming from.

13. Violinist

Violinist Senior member

OK. Now we're getting somewhere. I think I see where you're coming from.

This is hilarious... being analyzed with someone who threatens to fight someone on the internet then wraps it in the veil of a joke with his "opponent" doesn't reciprocate the e-thug speak.

I'm afraid whatever categorization you're trying to put me into won't fit, especially a "gamer". Most nights in highschool I didnt get home till at least after 10, most nights midnight, so I'm afraid it's back to the drawing board for you.

14. romafan

romafan Senior member

This is hilarious... being analyzed with someone who threatens to fight someone on the internet then wraps it in the veil of a joke with his "opponent" doesn't reciprocate the e-thug speak.

I'm afraid whatever categorization you're trying to put me into won't fit, especially a "gamer". Most nights in highschool I didnt get home till at least after 10, most nights midnight, so I'm afraid it's back to the drawing board for you.

I hear you, kid. Talk to me - we can work this out.

15. Violinist

Violinist Senior member

I hear you, kid. Talk to me - we can work this out.

Ok Mike Tyson.

16. romafan

romafan Senior member

Ok Mike Tyson.

(Sigh) Sorry kid, I can't help you if you're not going to take this seriously. But hey, I know it's all just "entertainment" to you. [​IMG]

17. redcaimen

redcaimen Senior member

Ok Mike Tyson.

Mike Tyson is living proof that there were emotional and intellectual cripples forged in the ghetto long before hip hops ascendancy. I think MC Hammer rocks!

18. Quirk

Quirk Senior member

[​IMG] Forget baseball. Football is America's game. It's doing fine except for occasional dumb officiating and No Fun League rules.
    Who was talking about baseball?

19. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

Who was talking about baseball?

Not me, but since you mention it I have a problem with the Manny Ramirez culture. Maybe we should just refer to that as the "Dip Shit" culture?

20. jeansandtshirt

jeansandtshirt Senior member

I also don't buy hip-hop culture argument. I believe there are players who are white that don't participate in hip hop culture that can be problems as well. What about Jeremy Shockey? Bill Romanowski?

Most teams would kill for a "problem" like Romanowski. Let's see, most consecutive games played by a linebacker, 4 Super Bowl rings, and almost every player in the NFL was and probably still is, afraid of him. I'm a Lions fan, and we would have killed for a "problem" like that.