• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 3: Yeossal handwelted shoe with lasted shoe trees

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 2nd auction is for a pair of handwelted shoe with lasted shoe trees courtesy of Yeossal. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Hiltl pants

Jolly Green

Reaction score
What can you tell me about Hiltl.

To date, I don't see much info between SF and AAAC.

Cheers,
D

Recoil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just purchased a pair of these pants and they fit unbelievably well. What is more amazing is they required absolutly no alterations from off the rack, and it wasn't because I was settleing, they really did fit perfect.

thomaus247

Reaction score
Hiltl is a very well made pant with some good features. They had all been made in Germany, but now they make some in another country(???). I have numerous pairs and I don't think this has had any negative effect on the make or fit. They make a cotton casual trouser with "nano" technology, it is a great fabric.

TM

Alan B.

Reaction score
The letters H-I-T-L in a pair of German pants makes me feel uneasy. I'm not being cute, this is a real turnoff. Sometimes a name means a lot.

rioni

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing.

Originally Posted by Alan B.
The letters H-I-T-L in a pair of German pants makes me feel uneasy. I'm not being cute, this is a real turnoff. Sometimes a name means a lot.

Degendorff

Reaction score
It's not HITL, but HILTL. If you spoke german, you would know that the sound is completely different. The hyphenation is as follows: HIT - LER and HIL - T(e)L (it's pronounced Hiltel).
So, please stop with this nonsense.

P.S. I own a pair of Hiltl corduroy pants and the quality is very good in my opinion.

Fritz

Reaction score
I have a couple of pairs, I like them a lot.

soulstylist

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fritz
I have a couple of pairs, I like them a lot.

+1 - good quality for a reasonable price and widely available - at least in Germany. Cuts are on the conservative side...

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 25 3.4%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 129 17.5%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 236 31.9%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 117 15.8%
  • 31 - 40