• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HILDITCH sales

ernest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
(ernest @ June 10 2005,22:51) What about making a forum called "Ernest" as I am a major topic on this board for many people ?
I'd be all for it. I like how Ernest says what he thinks and doesn't need to use a lot of words to get his points across. I like a man who is capable of independent thought. I suspect he's being onery sometimes but what's not to like about that? I look forward to his posts.
Thanks for your compliment. I wouldn't use a lot of words to explain simple things anyway but i wish i could do it... P.S. I see you live in SF. Have you got a moustache?

ernest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
l get a hinting suspicion that Ernest has done farm work in the past hence is fobia about brown and croc.
Croco dundee is my uncle...

gardel

Reaction score
... P.S. I see you live in SF. Have you got a moustache?
No, no moustache. I had to think for a moment about why you might think I might have a moustache. I bet you're thinking about that many gay guys in SF have facial hair. No, I'm a perfectly straight clean-shaven guy living in the suburbs about 15 minutes south. I briefly grew a beard last year but realized that it made me look like a terrorist. [I managed to include two possibly offensive stereotypes in the paragraph above. However, please note this is a discussion with Ernest.
biggrin.gif
]

gardel

Reaction score
Gardel, Me encanta tu nombre, me hace querer escuchar A Media Luz y Mis Buenos Aires Querido... Jon.
Thanks, Jon. For those who don't know, Carlos Gardel is a legendary Argentine tango singer who died at the peak of his popularity in an airline crash in the 1930's. He remains immensely popular in that country. Of course, he was always well-dressed.

Horace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
(marc37 @ June 11 2005,07:56)
Originally Posted by meaculpa,June 09 2005,13:33
Originally Posted by dorian,June 09 2005,11:28
Too funny. BTW, Ernest, last time I was at the Sloane Hilditch store they had a brown shirt - no, really. I said to the sales lady, "But Brown Is For Farmer." She looked confused and must have assumed from my put-on French accent that I was the infamous Ernest of free-French-publicity campaign.
wink.gif

Is it just me or is this whole joke getting a little tired?

Yes, the joke is well over its time, but yes brown is for farmer. l get a hinting suspicion that Ernest has done farm work in the past hence is fobia about brown and croc.
Shooman. Â You've had your time. Â Your exploits of cocaine, urine-drinking, and death metal have become banal and trite. Â In addition, they're not very trad. Â At least the death metal. Â But Ernie, on the other hand, has that certain timeless quality. Yr friend, Horace the rubber soul man
Ooops, I went off on a bender with that post, my dear Shooman. Too much amyl nitrate and reading the teachings of Wigmore.... Swami Wigmore has a very Trad haircut by the way.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Received new Hildeetch catalog yesterday. Nothing really jumped out at me except the ugly logo they are putting on their linen and heavy cotton shirts. They've also bevelled the cuffs on those shirts -- wonder if it's going to a different factory. The country of origin designation has disappeared from the label, apparently for good. And it looks like the disappointing cross-stitched buttons are also here to stay. Nothing good lasts appears to be a sad constant of the sartorial world.

marc37

Reaction score
l wish l had a haircut like Ann Wigmore.
biggrin.gif
P.S: she is my avator.

Horace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
l wish l had a haircut like Ann Wigmore.
biggrin.gif
P.S: she is my avator.
yeah, she's really claimed a place of affection in my heart.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads