• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hilditch & Key vs New & Lingwood vs Russell & Hodge shirts (RTW)

Hobbs

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jimmyoneill
I have no experience with R&H, but would say N&L over H&K. Although they both fit large in the body.

H&K have a slimfit range (instore only).

James Perry

Reaction score
Russell & Hodge is run by Mr Kerry Ford who apprenticed at Harvie & Hudson under Mr Roy Woodhead.
Mr Ford works to principles in Bespoke shirt making that are dying out in the modern shirt industry.
Russell & Hodge do fine work where you can specify every detail in your search for the perfect fit and cut.
As well as being involved with the top costume designers in the industry they work on various special
commissions I would highly recommend the services of this fine shirt maker.
I was myself apprenticed to Mr Ford in the early Nineteen Eighties at Harvie & Hudson

YourArsenal

Reaction score

Both TM Lewin and Charles Tyrwhitt make reasonable shirts, particularly at their price point. The choices that they offer in neck sizing and sleeve lengths are excellent, too. However, their lower lines don't have MoP buttons and the collars are fused and - for my taste - quite heavy and stiff.

TM Lewin's collars weren't fused last I checked at least. Granted, that was a while ago, but I'd be surprised if it has changed. MoP buttons they don't have. But MoP buttons are readily available, fairly cheap, and anyone with a needle, thread and 30min on their hands can change them themselves, if everything else about the shirt is satisfactory.

I was quite pleasantly surprised by Harvie & Hudson's RTW shirts. Nice and slim (if you go with the slim fit line, that is), decent fabrics, unfused collars/cuffs, MoP buttons… Around the same area as the other Jermyn Street brands in terms of price, I think 3 shirts cost a hundred pounds. The only downside is that I believe all their slim fit shirts are double cuffed.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads