• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HILARIOUS Mix of Labels on Royal Caribbean's Latest Ship

VikingsFan82

Reaction score
The new ship, Oasis of the Seas, has popular SF stores like Fred Perry and Ben Sherman. It's got Marc Jacobs.... and ED HARDY!

Prince & Greene – With a trendy fashion boutique vibe, Prince & Green offers urban apparel and accessories for men and women alike, all with an electric urban edge. Labels include Betsey Johnson, Calypso and Kenneth Cole for women and Fred Perry, Ed Hardy, Marc Jacobs and Ben Sherman for men.

Anyone else find this combo amusing?

Ed Hardy and Marc Jacobs are very popular, of course. I could have totally seen Royal Caribbean putting their stores on the ship to cater to the masses.

But cleaner-cut, British brands like Fred Perry and Ben Sherman, too? Bizarre mix.

naaaaate

Reaction score
I'm not sure you quite understand modern day Ben Sherman...
laugh.gif

ppllzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
uhh marc jacobs is really high end, if its collection... wouldnt put it with ed hardy

Flambeur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by naaaaate
I'm not sure you quite understand modern day Ben Sherman...
laugh.gif

Seriously..

When I think Ben Sherman I think Persians at the Nordstrom Rack.

Flambeur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ppllzz
uhh marc jacobs is really high end, if its collection... wouldnt put it with ed hardy

Its probably Marc or whatever...

ppllzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Flambeur
Seriously..

When I think Ben Sherman I think Persians at the Nordstrom Rack.

lols jet and ghulk

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You do realize that Ben Sherman is mostly boring shirts and pants that are like $80 or something and Marc Jacobs (assuming mainline) can easily be $1000-2000+ for nice coats and stuff?

grundletaint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
it's just vegas on the ocean. gotta have something for everyone.

JohnnyLaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't get the joke.

Ben Sherman and Fred Perry are popular with the UK versions of the type of people who buy Ed Hardy in the US. Fred Perry does put out some decent stuff however.

BrianVarick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Marc Jacobs makes some pretty nice stuff, so I would put those three in a group.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
As a scooterist and lover of mod culture, I'm predisposed to give Ben Sherman and Fred Perry the benefit of the doubt.

But most Ben Sherman stuff is cheesy and not particularly well made. I don't carry it in our store. A joint down the block that - coincidentally - stocks things like Ed Hardy and Diesel is the Ben Sherman account.

Fred Perry is frustrating. I LOVE their polos and harrington jackets. I wear FP polos about 4 times a week. But for the good things they put out (Laurel Collection, Raf & CDG collabs), they put out a lot of garbage. It's unpredictable. One woven shirt will fit great, others will fit and feel like ass. It's like their brand director is schizophrenic.

One day he thinks "Let's make a great waxed harrington out of British Millerain."
smile.gif

The next day it's "Let's make a bunch of ****-fitting Polos in China and sell the hell out of them to Urban Outfitters"
ffffuuuu.gif

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by VikingsFan82
The new ship, Oasis of the Seas, has popular SF stores like Fred Perry and Ben Sherman. It's got Marc Jacobs.... and ED HARDY! Anyone else find this combo amusing? Ed Hardy and Marc Jacobs are very popular, of course. I could have totally seen Royal Caribbean putting their stores on the ship to cater to the masses. But cleaner-cut, British brands like Fred Perry and Ben Sherman, too? Bizarre mix.
Who the **** do you know that wear MJ? ****'s expensive (and their cashmere is regarded as some of the bestest)

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by KitAkira
Who the **** do you know that wear MJ? ****'s expensive (and their cashmere is regarded as some of the bestest)
I have a Marc Jacobs tartan cotton dinner jacket that I've never worn once. I don't care for that homosexual's designs generally.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads