1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

HILARIOUS Mix of Labels on Royal Caribbean's Latest Ship

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by VikingsFan82, Dec 12, 2009.

1. VikingsFan82

VikingsFan82 Senior member

The new ship, Oasis of the Seas, has popular SF stores like Fred Perry and Ben Sherman. It's got Marc Jacobs.... and ED HARDY!

Anyone else find this combo amusing?

Ed Hardy and Marc Jacobs are very popular, of course. I could have totally seen Royal Caribbean putting their stores on the ship to cater to the masses.

But cleaner-cut, British brands like Fred Perry and Ben Sherman, too? Bizarre mix.

2. naaaaate

naaaaate Senior member

I'm not sure you quite understand modern day Ben Sherman... [​IMG]

3. ppllzz

ppllzz Senior member

uhh marc jacobs is really high end, if its collection... wouldnt put it with ed hardy

4. Flambeur

Flambeur Senior member

I'm not sure you quite understand modern day Ben Sherman... [​IMG]

Seriously..

When I think Ben Sherman I think Persians at the Nordstrom Rack.

5. Flambeur

Flambeur Senior member

uhh marc jacobs is really high end, if its collection... wouldnt put it with ed hardy

Its probably Marc or whatever...

6. ppllzz

ppllzz Senior member

Seriously..

When I think Ben Sherman I think Persians at the Nordstrom Rack.

lols jet and ghulk

7. Listi

Listi Senior member

You do realize that Ben Sherman is mostly boring shirts and pants that are like $80 or something and Marc Jacobs (assuming mainline) can easily be $1000-2000+ for nice coats and stuff?

8. grundletaint

grundletaint Senior member

it's just vegas on the ocean. gotta have something for everyone.

9. JohnnyLaw

JohnnyLaw Senior member

I don't get the joke.

Ben Sherman and Fred Perry are popular with the UK versions of the type of people who buy Ed Hardy in the US. Fred Perry does put out some decent stuff however.

10. BrianVarick

BrianVarick Senior member

Marc Jacobs makes some pretty nice stuff, so I would put those three in a group.

11. whodini

whodini Senior member

Your sense of comedy is a bit different from mine.

12. bimmernate

bimmernate Senior member

Well LOL at Ed Hardy any day, agreed?

13. Epaulet

Epaulet Senior member Affiliate Vendor

As a scooterist and lover of mod culture, I'm predisposed to give Ben Sherman and Fred Perry the benefit of the doubt.

But most Ben Sherman stuff is cheesy and not particularly well made. I don't carry it in our store. A joint down the block that - coincidentally - stocks things like Ed Hardy and Diesel is the Ben Sherman account.

Fred Perry is frustrating. I LOVE their polos and harrington jackets. I wear FP polos about 4 times a week. But for the good things they put out (Laurel Collection, Raf & CDG collabs), they put out a lot of garbage. It's unpredictable. One woven shirt will fit great, others will fit and feel like ass. It's like their brand director is schizophrenic.

One day he thinks "Let's make a great waxed harrington out of British Millerain." [​IMG]
    The next day it's "Let's make a bunch of shit-fitting Polos in China and sell the hell out of them to Urban Outfitters" [​IMG]

14. KitAkira

KitAkira Senior member

The new ship, Oasis of the Seas, has popular SF stores like Fred Perry and Ben Sherman. It's got Marc Jacobs.... and ED HARDY! Anyone else find this combo amusing? Ed Hardy and Marc Jacobs are very popular, of course. I could have totally seen Royal Caribbean putting their stores on the ship to cater to the masses. But cleaner-cut, British brands like Fred Perry and Ben Sherman, too? Bizarre mix.
    Who the fuck do you know that wear MJ? Shit's expensive (and their cashmere is regarded as some of the bestest)

15. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

Who the fuck do you know that wear MJ? Shit's expensive (and their cashmere is regarded as some of the bestest)
    I have a Marc Jacobs tartan cotton dinner jacket that I've never worn once. I don't care for that homosexual's designs generally.

16. svelten

svelten Senior member

I have a Marc Jacobs tartan cotton dinner jacket that I've never worn once.

I don't care for that homosexual's designs generally.

I don't think he personally designs any of the menswear