• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HILARIOUS and true videos about working out (Swearing involved)

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wmmk
Some of you guys get really worked up about what other people do in the gym. That is all.

+1

Big Pun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Surfrider
Hill-*******-arious. And so true. There's a shitload of 16 to 22-year-old douchebags at my gym. All they do is sit around and do concentration curls, flyes, blah blah blah. They remind me of the adolescent roosters running around my pasture after the spring hatch, puffing themselves up and squabbling and trying to figure out who's top cock. I always draw some bemused stares when I do some of the big compounds -- like squats -- and *especially* when I get up on the dead platform. I can almost read their minds; "What a dumbass. He's never going to get omfghueg doing those!" Some of them sport amused, condescending, half-smiles as they watch. That always makes me chuckle inside. The other day I was doing some SLDLs, and I noticed this kid watching me. When I had finished my sets, he came over and start asking me about 'em; apparently SLDLs were a new thing to him. When he asked me why I didn't have what he thought was a sufficient number of plates on the bar, I told him that that was all I could lift while maintaining perfect form, and patiently tried to explain that perfect form with lower weights usually leads to greater gains (and less injuries!) than higher weights with ****** form. For a moment -- one brief, shining moment -- I thought the lightbulb came on. But then, interrupting me, he said: "Yeah bro, but how are you going to bulk if you don't lift your max? If you lifted heavier, dude, you'd be huge." I just said "Hey, thanks for the tip. I'll give that some consideration," and walked away, doing a mental facepalm. JHC.
plain.gif

Does your mom still wash your clothes?
uhoh.gif
http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=99725

jungshoe

Reaction score
these videos are awesome. squat, deadlifts and power cleans are king.

Cognacad

Reaction score
Obviously by true I meant the part where he says a good set of heavy dead-lifts will cause surrounding women to instantly conceive a child.

Cognacad

Reaction score
Originally Posted by wmmk
Some of you guys get really worked up about what other people do in the gym. That is all.

Well we are just discussing. No one is getting "worked up". Not any worst than saying what that person is wearing is ugly, or the way he is running is really inefficient.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics