• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Highly Underrated/Unknown Movies

Hop

Reaction score
Riki-Oh: The Story of Ricky

Seriously Watch This Movie (Dragon Ball Z+Shawshank Redemption+Crack+Steriods=Riki-Oh: The Story of Ricky)

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Hop
Riki-Oh: The Story of Ricky

Seriously Watch This Movie (Dragon Ball Z+Shawshank Redemption+Crack+Steriods=Riki-Oh: The Story of Ricky)

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

This is beyond awesome. What comes after awesome? Uber-awesome? Epically awesome? Googleplex?

boogaboogabooga

Reaction score
Originally Posted by LOVERFACE
City Of God

The more I watch this the more manipulative it feels to me. That said, there is nothing like watching it the first time and the cinematography and direction are incredible.

boogaboogabooga

Reaction score

GlenCoe

Reaction score
Paris_texas_moviep.jpg

GlenCoe

Reaction score
Originally Posted by LOVERFACE
City Of God

how is this unknown/underrated?

Hop

Reaction score
Originally Posted by imatlas
This is beyond awesome. What comes after awesome? Uber-awesome? Epically awesome? Googleplex?

Super-Duper-Uber-Omega-Especially-Awesome?

LOVERFACE

Reaction score
Originally Posted by GlenCoe

thats what i said until i posted it on my fb and people where saying things along the lines of "why would i watch a movie about god?!".

i was like
ffffuuuu.gif

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GlenCoe

I'm gonna say Casablanca.

il_colonnello

Reaction score
Z by Costa-Gavras from 1969 - absolutely brilliant film.

Tremors, maybe? Definitely underrated where I live, maybe less so in the US...

Hard Eight (early Paul Thomas Anderson with Gwyneth Paltrow)

Nine Queens - excellent Argentinian movie about a group of con-men in Buenos Aires

One True Thing

Hamlet - the Branagh version

This is England

You Can Count on Me (I'm a big fan of both Laura Linney and Mark Ruffalo)

Respiro (Italian movie with Valeria Golino; set on the island of Lampedusa)

In My Father's Den

Julia (fantastic Tilda Swinton)

The Deep End (again Tilda Swinton)

Separate Lies (VERY good British drama/thriller!)

Christie Malry's Own Double-Entry

La veuve de St Pierre (and Ne le dis a personne and L'adversaire and a ton of other French-language movies starring Daniel Auteuil)

American Splendor

The Three Burials of Melquiades Estrada (Tommy-Lee-Jones-directed)

Sweet Sixteen

The Shape of Things and Possession (both Neil LaBute)

And a few that are not at all unknown, but way underrated:

Bringing Out the Dead
Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow(!!)
Nurse Betty

Steve Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Flame and Citron.

Danish film from 2008 about resistance fighters in WWII.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads